if you can't

Options
If you can't fit one piece of pizza into your diet, you're doing it wrong. I like vegetables, and cauliflower, and etc. But it ain't a pizza substitute. Just have the darn pizza!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You said it sister!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    <3
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Rarely try to fit pizza; cheesecake- now your talking.

Cheers, h.
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If I want certain foods like pizza or burgers, I always find a healthy alternative for it (that is just me). It is enough to satisfy my cravings while I wait for my cheat meal (every two weeks only). If I gave in to my cravings, I am going to eat unhealthy everyday.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Preach!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Amen! :smiley: D
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Preach! I love pizza, it's one of my favorite foods. I've reduced how often I have it, but I still enjoy it once or twice a month. When I do, I go to a local pizzeria and get their Garden pie: a 10-inch cheese pizza topped with arugula, spinach, onions, and bell peppers. It's practically a salad on a pizza, so I don't have to feel too guilty!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I agree. Bread, tomato, cheese and meat doesn't magically become unhealthy just by calling it "pizza".
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If i was a pizza addict. I mean if it was pizza that made me fat, then i would avoid having pizza in my diet. Pizza didn't make me fat so i can eat it whenever i want but that's not very often as it happens.

On the other hand, sweets made me fat so I don't eat icecream etc very often. And as I have little control over these foods, I've given control to others. I only get it if someone offers it to me outside my home. It has worked since January 2014. I'm happy and been in maintenance for 10 months. Where are you at?
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I agree. Bread, tomato, cheese and meat doesn't magically become unhealthy just by calling it "pizza".

+1

You've got all four food groups in there :) I fail to see the unhealthiness.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    If you can't fit one piece of pizza into your diet, you're doing it wrong. I like vegetables, and cauliflower, and etc. But it ain't a pizza substitute. Just have the darn pizza!

Lots of people can fit a piece of pizza into their diet - however that piece of pizza might not be "worth it" to them based on calorie count vs amount of pizza they get to eat. Some people would prefer to make a lower calorie version or substitute ingredients to better fit their calorie/macro needs than just have a traditional slice from a pizza joint. I actually prefer my homemade flatbread pizza to the local place, I get better macros and a larger portion for around the same calories.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Lots of people can fit a piece of pizza into their diet - however that piece of pizza might not be "worth it" to them based on calorie count vs amount of pizza they get to eat. Some people would prefer to make a lower calorie version or substitute ingredients to better fit their calorie/macro needs than just have a traditional slice from a pizza joint. I actually prefer my homemade flatbread pizza to the local place, I get better macros and a larger portion for around the same calories.
    Nope. It is important you make it fit regardless of whether it is worth it or not. Anything less and you're a clean eating zealot.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

OP, no offense, but you have still a lot of weight to lose. What you can eat right now and easily fit it into your calories, might be too much for someone much slimmer. Obviously everyone can afford one, two or three slices of pizza, but depending on where you are weight-wise, it might mean dedicating too many calories to this and not feeling like it is worth it. A slice of pizza, depending on what you like, will usually be in the 250-400 calories range. This might be nothing to worry about for someone who can eat 2000 or 3000 calories a day, but for someone for whom maintenance is just e..g 1600 calories, this might be too much on a daily basis.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

OP, no offense, but you have still a lot of weight to lose. What you can eat right now and easily fit it into your calories, might be too much for someone much slimmer. Obviously everyone can afford one, two or three slices of pizza, but depending on where you are weight-wise, it might mean dedicating too many calories to this and not feeling like it is worth it. A slice of pizza, depending on what you like, will usually be in the 250-400 calories range. This might be nothing to worry about for someone who can eat 2000 or 3000 calories a day, but for someone for whom maintenance is just e..g 1600 calories, this might be too much on a daily basis.

OP never said anything about doing this on a daily basis. I'm slim and short, and have a maintenance below 1600 and I have no problem eating a piece of pizza.
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Last_mango_in_paradise Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Assuming that piece of pizza doesn't come from Planet Fitness because, you know, pizza at a gym is the devil. At least that's what I get from reading the PF bashing posts.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

OP never said anything about doing this on a daily basis. I'm slim and short, and have a maintenance below 1600 and I have no problem eating a piece of pizza.

I have no problem eating several slices of pizza and washing them down with several beers once in a while, but the OP reads like a judgement to people who do not really regularly eat pizza. Which might really not be an option for many people. I could do it daily. But I would be hungry. Or gain weight. And neither is worth it. I do not love pizza that much. Now beer, yes, this is worth saving calories for :)
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Friday night pizza is a staple around here. I'm 5'1" and 44. I have lost every pound while eating Pizza about 3 out of 4 Fridays a month. Some people may not want to do that and because pizza is high in calories, that's completely understandable, but for me, it's not an issue at all. I used to eat 3-4 slices plus breadsticks and now I keep it to one slice and a breadstick, or two slices, which is really very easy when I have a good 800-900 calories left.

I will sacrifice all of my calories for not having to cook on a Friday.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I think everyone can work pizza into their diet. Some people just choose not to do that. It's not wrong. It's just different.

I'd rather have healthier food that tastes better. I get my lovely and important vitamins and minerals and I get to eat something that tastes better than pizza, so it's all win there for me. Different strokes!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

One. That's completely rubbish. It's merely a matter of compromise or trade offs.
    Secondly. few people ACTUALLY eat pizza every day- but even if they do- one piece is usually around 200-350 calories. More than managable on a daily basis.

I typically get pizza every other week- there was a time period when I was doing it once a week- and I eat the whole thing. - now it's not so often- but I can easily make it work- and I eat between 1600-2000 calories daily depending on my running for the week.