124»

Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    A Donald Trump mask perhaps?

Don't talk that way about our next President! He's going to accomplish a lot for the Paleo crowd by getting us nuked back to the stone age. Then the healthy eating can commence. Minus a little radiation here and there. :D

Congrats...you win the Internetz today. :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    You can be whatever you want for Halloween.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may need some new friends. Period. I had a "friend" like that once. When she was about nine months pregnant she actually said "Look, we're almost the same size now." The ignorance of people just amazes me. I look forward to seeing your success story!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    Sounds like you may need some new friends. Period. I had a "friend" like that once. When she was about nine months pregnant she actually said "Look, we're almost the same size now." The ignorance of people just amazes me. I look forward to seeing your success story!

Ouch.....
  • rainalove77
    rainalove77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are beautiful. You need to remove that so called friend from your life. True friends wouldn't say things like that. Feel free to add me if you like.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What a toxic person!
    You're better off without that crap in your life.
    Onward and upward!
    Here's to a better year... *clink*

Ps... I like the idea for the a-hole costume for him... Or the Horses butt!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've never punched anyone in the face, but someone suggesting that I be a fat-anything for Halloween might be the push I need to add face-punching to my résumé.
  • briannaj52
    briannaj52 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What a toxic person!
    You're better off without that crap in your life.
    Onward and upward!
    Here's to a better year... *clink*

Ps... I like the idea for the a-hole costume for him... Or the Horses butt!

Cheers to a better year!
  • briannaj52
    Options
    Girl, you are beautiful. You need to remove that so called friend from your life. True friends wouldn't say things like that. Feel free to add me if you like.

Thank you so much for the support
  • briannaj52
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »

That's horrible, I'm sorry someone said that to you. Cheers to our future success! Let's take it one day at a time!

• missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've never punched anyone in the face, but someone suggesting that I be a fat-anything for Halloween might be the push I need to add face-punching to my résumé.

I wonder if you can log face punching as exercise? ;)
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I fully understand why a comment like this would be hurtful, but I sure hope Rebel Wilson doesn't read this thread ... Yikes! We're basically saying that her enduring legacy is purely cautionary ... that being asked to cosplay her was so horrifically painful that it changed a young girls life forever (hopefully forever).

But I'm not judging anyone, trust me. This IS the stigma attached to being overweight. It's the way of the world.
  • briannaj52
    Options
    I fully understand why a comment like this would be hurtful, but I sure hope Rebel Wilson doesn't read this thread ... Yikes! We're basically saying that her enduring legacy is purely cautionary ... that being asked to cosplay her was so horrifically painful that it changed a young girls life forever (hopefully forever).

But I'm not judging anyone, trust me. This IS the stigma attached to being overweight. It's the way of the world.

I love rebel Wilson! I think she's gorgeous, Hilarious and super talented was. I was upset because it wasn't those things he was acknowledging, it was her size. But it definitely hit a fuse and motivated me
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    briannaj52 wrote: »

I love rebel Wilson! I think she's gorgeous, Hilarious and super talented was. I was upset because it wasn't those things he was acknowledging, it was her size. But it definitely hit a fuse and motivated me

Yes, I think the key wasn't that Rebel Wilson is someone we wouldn't want to be associated with, rather the character who is literally named "fat". If he said, let's all go as pitch perfect characters and I think you should be Amy because you're beautiful and self-confident, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, he said you should dress up as a fat character, implying that was the most salient feature of both Rebel and Brianna, despite the fact that they are both beautiful girls with much more important features to focus on.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think also depends on your relationship with your friend. From my experience the more comfortable you are with someone the more being a jerk comes out while trying to come out as funny. Don't get me wrong, he said a dick thing but I would of replied something along the lines of "ah cool, you can go brown spot ya a-hole" and laugh. That just how me and my friends are