I'm new to all this, please give advice!

Options
13»

Replies

• carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just revisited that page. What I thought was only Cardio is not correct.
    You can review the entire list and you will get the idea which are cardio and which are strength.
  • ajesmum
    ajesmum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    42 years old - 2 children in grade school - career woman ; workout 6-days(split) a week (bodybuilding); up at 0500 finished by 0600 to make breakfast for the kids. I sacrifice 1-hour of sleep for me time -- didn't take long to adjust and now it clock work. Feels great to get "workouts" in before anyone has waken.

5'5"
    134lbs
    BF% 20.%
    Clean eating since 1.5 years

You can do this!
  • lizziesmom15
    lizziesmom15 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ajesmum wrote: »
    42 years old - 2 children in grade school - career woman ; workout 6-days(split) a week (bodybuilding); up at 0500 finished by 0600 to make breakfast for the kids. I sacrifice 1-hour of sleep for me time -- didn't take long to adjust and now it clock work. Feels great to get "workouts" in before anyone has waken.

5'5"
    134lbs
    BF% 20.%
    Clean eating since 1.5 years

You can do this!

Wow your super woman, way to go. Thanks for encouragement.
  • Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Walking is so good! Some days I'm too lazy to go to the gym, so I usually make myself go for a walk. If you have a smartphone, you can find podcasts to listen to so it ends up being pretty entertaining. Also, when you're working on keeping the house in order, a little can go a long way! For example, (not house cleaning, but still) when I go to the grocery store I do some curls with my heavier groceries. Always take the stairs! Park your car far away. Plus, you can do things like walk around the house while you're reading or talking on the phone. Pretty much any time you are idle can be turned into an exercise moment. Watching a show? Turn it into a game! For example, every time a character breaks into song, 15 jumping jacks. Every time a character dies, 10 push-ups (cater it to shows you watch). Exercise doesn't have to be this big ordeal with planning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Food scale, log every bite, move a bit more. You got this.
  • lizziesmom15
    Options
    Editme12 wrote: »
    Walking is so good! Some days I'm too lazy to go to the gym, so I usually make myself go for a walk. If you have a smartphone, you can find podcasts to listen to so it ends up being pretty entertaining. Also, when you're working on keeping the house in order, a little can go a long way! For example, (not house cleaning, but still) when I go to the grocery store I do some curls with my heavier groceries. Always take the stairs! Park your car far away. Plus, you can do things like walk around the house while you're reading or talking on the phone. Pretty much any time you are idle can be turned into an exercise moment. Watching a show? Turn it into a game! For example, every time a character breaks into song, 15 jumping jacks. Every time a character dies, 10 push-ups (cater it to shows you watch). Exercise doesn't have to be this big ordeal with planning.

These are some really great ideas that I have not thought of. Thanks so much for the insight
  • Krisfit40
    Krisfit40 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can give you a fairly easy recipe for success, set your protein intake to 50% of your daily intake. Adjust the carbs and fats depending on how your body responds to carbs.. Eat mostly fibrous carbs from veggies and throw some sweet potatoes or Quinoa in there occasionaly.. I would try to stay around 100 grams of carbs per day, bring it up if you feel sluggish. Before you ask, NO protein does not harm you if you eat too much. Your body turns it into usable/storable energy if your eat more than you need. As far as the fitness side : a basic weight training to begin with and for cardio I prefer the stairmaster but you can use whatever keeps you motivated.. Get a heart rate monitor and keep your heart rate between 125-140 account this will use stored fat for energy :) If you want more detailed info you are more than welcome to add and message me and I will help any way I can.
  • lizziesmom15
    Options
    Krisfit40 wrote: »
    I can give you a fairly easy recipe for success, set your protein intake to 50% of your daily intake. Adjust the carbs and fats depending on how your body responds to carbs.. Eat mostly fibrous carbs from veggies and throw some sweet potatoes or Quinoa in there occasionaly.. I would try to stay around 100 grams of carbs per day, bring it up if you feel sluggish. Before you ask, NO protein does not harm you if you eat too much. Your body turns it into usable/storable energy if your eat more than you need. As far as the fitness side : a basic weight training to begin with and for cardio I prefer the stairmaster but you can use whatever keeps you motivated.. Get a heart rate monitor and keep your heart rate between 125-140 account this will use stored fat for energy :) If you want more detailed info you are more than welcome to add and message me and I will help any way I can.

I have been researching wearable fitness gear. What's the best one to get in your opinion? I'm leaning toward the fitbit but I also like the garmin. Thanks for your advice, carbs are hard to leave especially on such a strict diet. I live on salads, baked fish, steamed veggies, and tuna. I ear whole wheat bread daily though and i have a baked potato two days per week.