7 minute workout

Options
2»

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    It won't matter. At 7 minutes it's going to be good for a negligible amount of calories

Debbie Downer strikes again.

I would not consider insulting someone a helpful post.

Debbie Downer is a hilarious character, therefore comparison to her is a compliment. DavPul, you are welcome.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Let's speculate that OP is new to MFP (1 forum post, 3 friends), new to weight loss (4 pounds down, 40-some to go), and perhaps even new to intentional exercise. Shall we go all cutesie-critical of her perfectly valid plans to start getting healthier, and keep track of her progress on MFP in some fashion? Um, no, IMO.

Hi, Karla! I would probably log it as either "Aerobics" or "Calisthenics" depending on the nature of the activity (if more dance-like or walk/run-like, aerobics; if more like floor exercises, then calisthenics). Pick an activity level or subcategory within those categories that seems right based on the specific activity and how hard it seems to you right now. You could also scroll through the exercise database to see what other options might be available.

If you're planning to use those calories in planning your eating, most folks start by eating back only half the exercise calories until they see how things are going.

Or, if you aren't so concerned right now about how many calories it's burning, but want to keep track of what you're doing so you can see progress, you could add the very specific workout you're doing in the "My Exercises" area, then add that entry in your diary when you do the workout.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Roughly.

Holy crap jofjltncb6, short, simple, to the point.
    Please write a book and sell it to some of those who are hating on me, for who knows what reason. I come to the defense of the OP and now I'm the a**hole.

As evidenced by my posts above, I can play the role quite nicely.

I'm sure you hijacking the OP's thread is also very helpful.
  • Andrea050974
    Andrea050974 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Let's speculate that OP is new to MFP (1 forum post, 3 friends), new to weight loss (4 pounds down, 40-some to go), and perhaps even new to intentional exercise. Shall we go all cutesie-critical of her perfectly valid plans to start getting healthier, and keep track of her progress on MFP in some fashion? Um, no, IMO.

Hi, Karla! I would probably log it as either "Aerobics" or "Calisthenics" depending on the nature of the activity (if more dance-like or walk/run-like, aerobics; if more like floor exercises, then calisthenics). Pick an activity level or subcategory within those categories that seems right based on the specific activity and how hard it seems to you right now. You could also scroll through the exercise database to see what other options might be available.

If you're planning to use those calories in planning your eating, most folks start by eating back only half the exercise calories until they see how things are going.

Or, if you aren't so concerned right now about how many calories it's burning, but want to keep track of what you're doing so you can see progress, you could add the very specific workout you're doing in the "My Exercises" area, then add that entry in your diary when you do the workout.

Thank you for your helpful post.
    I too was looking to add my 2 sets of the 7+ workout (jumping jacks, crunches, planks, squats, pushups, lunges) which I did via moov to keep track of it.

The calories might be negligible (26 kcal), but I like to keep all information together. As long moov isn't integrated (yet?), I have to find the right entry myself.

Given, that the 7 minute workout is around for a while with various apps I am surprised that it isn't in the list.
  • PikaKnight
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Thank you for your helpful post.
    I too was looking to add my 2 sets of the 7+ workout (jumping jacks, crunches, planks, squats, pushups, lunges) which I did via moov to keep track of it.

The calories might be negligible (26 kcal), but I like to keep all information together. As long moov isn't integrated (yet?), I have to find the right entry myself.

Given, that the 7 minute workout is around for a while with various apps I am surprised that it isn't in the list.

If we did that, we'd have to have entries for 5, 10, 15, and all the other "increment" workout times. It's actually just easier to log it under aerobic or calisthenics for the amount of time you did it.
  • marieirigoyen3
    marieirigoyen3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Why when we do workouts give us more calories am I going to loose if u don't go over this calorie intake a day
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Why when we do workouts give us more calories am I going to loose if u don't go over this calorie intake a day

Because MFP is based on the NEAT method. That means it gives you a calorie goal to net (in other words, you eat the exercise calories back). The calorie net goal they give you is already set at a deficit.
  • Wavylayz
    Wavylayz Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It won't matter. At 7 minutes it's going to be good for a negligible amount of calories

You're wrong because you are not supposed to just do it once. If you do it 3 times in a row like they suggest, its as good as a lot of other HIIT training routines--most of which are also very hard to log. So you just don't know. Just say that.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Wavylayz wrote: »

You're wrong because you are not supposed to just do it once. If you do it 3 times in a row like they suggest, its as good as a lot of other HIIT training routines--most of which are also very hard to log. So you just don't know. Just say that.

How do you know he doesn't know though? Many of these 7 minute routines that people are talking about aren't as strenuous as you are thinking.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wavylayz wrote: »

Sigh. I give up. I just can't care about this stuff anymore. peace