Shoot... I'm feeling down...

Options
2»

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Its not a contest. A pound a week is absolutely a good rate of loss, and it sounds like its right in line with where you should be given your intake and level of exercise. If you are happy with those things, then just keep going right as you are. Faster loss would mean fewer calories or more exercise or both, so you'd have to decide whether its worth it to you, personally. There's definitely no reason to restrict any particular food groups.
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5.2lbs is great - it's a little higher than 1lb/wk. Today was my second weigh-in, been back tracking for a week, and lost 1lb. I suppose I expected more, and was disappointed...until I realized that it's better than gaining a pound, and I have my period this week (which most people seem to gain that week)...so I shook myself out of the funk I was getting in to and decided to be ok with a 1lb loss this week.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :) I feel like I gained 5.2 million dollars with all your comments!

Thank you for those words of encouragement!

Bobo
  • knowles1989
    knowles1989 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5.2lbs is good! It's not a race, as long as you are happy doing it your way then don't worry about how others around you are doing! Do what suits you, a loss is a loss and a good one at that! Keep it up :)
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yay! My weigh-inn was today and I lost another 2.3lbs... Total 7.5 in 6 weeks
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I posted this (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10256705/my-weight-entries-from-285lbs-to-192lbs#latest) a while ago that shows my weight loss entries by date (for the most part) from 285 to 192. I lost weight somewhat fast (60lbs in 7 months and to this day am still annoyed i didn't do it faster as i could have been much better) so with that i do think you should be able to lose more than 7.5lbs in 6 weeks, to me i would think you need to adjust something...also walking around the block a few times a week probably burns so few calories that you won't notice it on the scale.

For me when i started to really lose weight it was because i was super focused on my food intake. I didn't allow cheat meals and i was very intentional about everything i ate. I primarily ate foods that i thought were filling but not calorie dense. I went from eating out for lunch at work every day, and fast food 2-4 times a week to preparing all my own food (which is good for u that you work from home as that should make meal prep easier).

I typically ate like: large salads w\a protein in it, soup, chicken breast, 99% lean ground turkey, instant oatmeal for breakfast, as much fruit/vegetables as i wanted. Things like that allowed me to eat alot of food w\out taking in too many calories. I certainly wasn't perfect as i still did drink on weekends and so forth..but i was motivated so i kept all 'bad' calories to a minimum and tried to offset drinking or less ideal food choices w\additional cardio the next day.

I say this as if it was super easy, but i also went from 285 to 220'ish back UP to 265 and then that's when I refocused and got down to 192. So certainly losing weight has it's ups and downs for everyone.

I also helped one of my coworkers go from 270 to 220 in 5 months doing similar to what i did. so my progress wasn't anything special or atypical.

but really it just comes down to what you want, are you content w\1lb a week and losing 50lbs in a year, or do you want to push yourself harder and get your goalweight within a year...bc whatever your goal is, it really is tangible.