October 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Skip and I are running in the Spooktacular 5K tomorrow, looking forward to seeing our friends @stoshew71, Jenn and Emily. Two weeks until my HM!

Can't wait to see you guys. Two weeks until *our* HM. :-)

karllundy wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 @skippygirlsmom and Skip - Good luck in the Spooktacular! Sounds fun!

Thanks! But I am not running this one. Not doing 5K's just yet. Working more towards HM and full goals right now. My wife and daughter are doing this one and I am just there for support.
  • Stoshew71
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In new jersey we had the breast cancer walk on Saturday but I wasn't able to go because the day before I went to pa and stayed there until Monday morning. But I went last year hopefully ill go next year. Question since I'm new to the group don't exactly know what HM means can somebody tell me please I feel like i'm clueless but hopefully I will ketch up with you guys ;)

Hellow fellow Jerseyian. I grew up in Union County (Rahway) and moved later on to Monmouth and Ocean county (Eatontown and then Brick). I now have been living in northern Alabama for the last 5 years after they shut down Ft. Monmouth.

To answer your question: Half Marathon. 13.1 mile race.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Who's racing this weekend??

I am, I am! My first "race" 10K! So whoo hoo - PB for me!!! :wink:

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    In new jersey we had the breast cancer walk on Saturday but I wasn't able to go because the day before I went to pa and stayed there until Monday morning. But I went last year hopefully ill go next year. Question since I'm new to the group don't exactly know what HM means can somebody tell me please I feel like i'm clueless but hopefully I will ketch up with you guys ;)

@ShanazAsiya, here are some acronyms I can think of that you might see here:

HM - Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
    HR - heart rate
    MHR - max heart rate
    RHR - resting heart rate
    HRM - heart rate monitor
    ITB - Iliotibial band syndrome

• Stoshew71
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@ShanazAsiya, here are some acronyms I can think of that you might see here:

HM - Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
    HR - heart rate
    MHR - max heart rate
    RHR - resting heart rate
    HRM - heart rate monitor
    ITB - Iliotibial band syndrome

Actually here is a list of Glossaries for running terms.

Glossaries of running terms:

Runners World
    http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/glossary

Greatest - The Ultimate Guide to Running Lingo
    http://greatist.com/fitness/ultimate-guide-running-lingo

Sportscierge - Running Terms Explained | 101 Running Slang Terms and Definitions
    http://www.sportscierge.com/running-terms-definitions/

Wareable - Your running watch explained: How to understand the stats
    http://www.wareable.com/running/your-running-watch-explained-what-does-cadence-vertical-oscillation-and-hr-max-mean

Active - Training Zones Explained
    http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/training-zones-explained

Runner's World - Shoepaedia: Key Running Shoe Terms Explained
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/kit/shoepaedia-key-running-shoe-terms-explained/4279.html

Sports Injury Clinic - Pronation - Over pronation of the foot and running explained
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/foot-heel-pain/overpronation

Sports Injury Clinic - Foot and Heel Injuries
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/foot-heel-pain

Runner's World - Pronation, Explained
    http://www.runnersworld.com/running-shoes/pronation-explained?page=single

Active - Understanding Proper Training Pace
    http://www.active.com/running/articles/understanding-proper-training-pace
  • ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 stoshew71 Thank you very much did spell your usernames/names wright :)
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    I have another question did you type my name or you copied if you copied can you tell me how ;)
  • Stoshew71
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have another question did you type my name or you copied if you copied can you tell me how ;)

@ShanazAsiya Highlight our name and hit control-C then hit control-V in the text box.

Just in case you don't know what that means...
    At the bottom of your keyboard is a button labeled 'Ctrl' which is called the control button.
    Holding down that button while you hit another button will do certain things.
    Such as, control and c will copy whatever is highlighted into the clipboard.
    Control V will paste whatever is in the clipboard.
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

Hellow fellow Jerseyian. I grew up in Union County (Rahway) and moved later on to Monmouth and Ocean county (Eatontown and then Brick). I now have been living in northern Alabama for the last 5 years after they shut down Ft. Monmouth.

To answer your question: Half Marathon. 13.1 mile race.

Hey, That's cool I live in a small town called willingboro but I don't stay for long i like to travel but no were far places like P.A , Florida , south/north Carolina , Texas and so on I like to move around because iv'e been in new jersey all my life and it starts to get boring after a while
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    I figured it out on my on
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    I ment own
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    dharwood68 wrote: »
    Scratch my morning run. :s I officially have my first cold since my bone marrow transplant. It is a little scary, emailed my oncologist just to be sure I didn't need to do anything special. Lots of fluids, vitamins, cold meds, and rest. Back in the day I would have ran anyway but a new immune system needs to be treated like a baby. I'll just cheer the rest of you on.

Happy Halloween everyone. >:)

I slept for over 11 hours last night. WOW I feel much better today but still resting until Sunday. My oncologist said to take care like I normally would and her being a fellow runner congratulated me on kicking *kitten* with my miles. Her running patients have always bounced back better than any others. That is so comforting to know.

So run a couple miles for me today and I'll check in on Nov. YAY, for the next challenge and addition of miles.
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    Scratch my morning run. :s I officially have my first cold since my bone marrow transplant. It is a little scary, emailed my oncologist just to be sure I didn't need to do anything special. Lots of fluids, vitamins, cold meds, and rest. Back in the day I would have ran anyway but a new immune system needs to be treated like a baby. I'll just cheer the rest of you on.

Happy Halloween everyone. >:)

I slept for over 11 hours last night. WOW I feel much better today but still resting until Sunday. My oncologist said to take care like I normally would and her being a fellow runner congratulated me on kicking *kitten* with my miles. Her running patients have always bounced back better than any others. That is so comforting to know.

So run a couple miles for me today and I'll check in on Nov. YAY, for the next challenge and addition of miles.

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    I JUST PRESSED THE QUOTE BUTTON
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

@ShanazAsiya Highlight our name and hit control-C then hit control-V in the text box.

Just in case you don't know what that means...
    At the bottom of your keyboard is a button labeled 'Ctrl' which is called the control button.
    Holding down that button while you hit another button will do certain things.
    Such as, control and c will copy whatever is highlighted into the clipboard.
    Control V will paste whatever is in the clipboard.

• ShanazAsiya
    Options
    stoshew71 I clicked on youre profile just wanted to know because I shocked is it true ou only been runningfor 2years 2013-2015 :*:*
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Lol, you'll be an expert at this board before you know it!

@smithie092015 Good luck at the Parks! I'm sad I won't be able to do it, but my body doesn't feel up to another 10k so soon. I hope you get that time you were looking for at the MCM!
    10/1 8.25 treadmill run at just around 12:00
    10/2 3.75 treadmill run at 11:28
    10/3 rest

10/4 3.0 @ 12:03 outside
    10/5 unplanned busy busy "rest" day
    10/6 5.25 @ 11:40 on the treadmill, plus strength training
    10/7 6.0 @ 12:05 on the park trail (and 2.5 walking to and from school/warm up/cool down--not counted)
    10/8 rest
    10/9 5.25 @ 11:14 on the treadmill, plus strength training
    10/10 rest

10/11 4.5 @ 11:49 on the park trail, just a nice, enjoyable run on a beautiful Sunday morning
    10/12 4.0 @ 12:00 on the treadmill, nice and easy
    10/13 3.5 @ 10:48 on the treadmill, plus 20 minutes rowing machine instead of weights (changing things up!)
    10/14 9.0 @ 12:32 twice around the lake on the park trail.
    10/15 Yoga day
    10/16 2.5 @ 12:03 around the neighborhood
    10/17 Rest

10/18 3.1 @ 10:52 Race day at GMU
    10/19 5.0 @ 12:10 Trail run at the local park trail--31degrees--brrr!
    10/20 3.0 @ 10:38 (!) on the treadmill, 1 mile cool-down walk and strength training
    10/21 3.0 @ 10:35 (!!) on the treadmill (plus .5 walk)
    10/22 4.75 @ 14:00 just a nice lope around the lake with the doge.
    10/23 3.25 @ 11:58 on the treadmill and strength training.
    10/24 Rest day in anticipation of the MCM10K on Sunday!

10/25 6.5 at 11:08 at the Marine Corps Marathon 10K!
    10/26 rest day--and yes, I was sore!
    10/27 3.5 (3 @ 10:25 on the treadmill--faster and faster every day! and .5 walking) and strength training
    10/28 5.5 (5 @ 12:00 on the treadmill and .5 walking)
    10/29 7.25 @ 12:50 on the park trail.
    10/30 4 (3.5 @ 10:55 on the treadmill and .5 walking) plus strength training
    10/31 anticipated rest day and eating an entire run's worth of peanut butter cups

exercise.png

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Also - if you type an "@" and start typing the nickname, you'll get a list of them to choose from, and then it'll be entered into your message.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 and @9voice9 - good luck on your longest races yet! Enjoy!
  • ShanazAsiya
    Options

Lol, you'll be an expert at this board before you know it!

@smithie092015 Good luck at the Parks! I'm sad I won't be able to do it, but my body doesn't feel up to another 10k so soon. I hope you get that time you were looking for at the MCM!
    10/1 8.25 treadmill run at just around 12:00
    10/2 3.75 treadmill run at 11:28
    10/3 rest

10/4 3.0 @ 12:03 outside
    10/5 unplanned busy busy "rest" day
    10/6 5.25 @ 11:40 on the treadmill, plus strength training
    10/7 6.0 @ 12:05 on the park trail (and 2.5 walking to and from school/warm up/cool down--not counted)
    10/8 rest
    10/9 5.25 @ 11:14 on the treadmill, plus strength training
    10/10 rest

10/11 4.5 @ 11:49 on the park trail, just a nice, enjoyable run on a beautiful Sunday morning
    10/12 4.0 @ 12:00 on the treadmill, nice and easy
    10/13 3.5 @ 10:48 on the treadmill, plus 20 minutes rowing machine instead of weights (changing things up!)
    10/14 9.0 @ 12:32 twice around the lake on the park trail.
    10/15 Yoga day
    10/16 2.5 @ 12:03 around the neighborhood
    10/17 Rest

10/18 3.1 @ 10:52 Race day at GMU
    10/19 5.0 @ 12:10 Trail run at the local park trail--31degrees--brrr!
    10/20 3.0 @ 10:38 (!) on the treadmill, 1 mile cool-down walk and strength training
    10/21 3.0 @ 10:35 (!!) on the treadmill (plus .5 walk)
    10/22 4.75 @ 14:00 just a nice lope around the lake with the doge.
    10/23 3.25 @ 11:58 on the treadmill and strength training.
    10/24 Rest day in anticipation of the MCM10K on Sunday!

10/25 6.5 at 11:08 at the Marine Corps Marathon 10K!
    10/26 rest day--and yes, I was sore!
    10/27 3.5 (3 @ 10:25 on the treadmill--faster and faster every day! and .5 walking) and strength training
    10/28 5.5 (5 @ 12:00 on the treadmill and .5 walking)
    10/29 7.25 @ 12:50 on the park trail.
    10/30 4 (3.5 @ 10:55 on the treadmill and .5 walking) plus strength training
    10/31 anticipated rest day and eating an entire run's worth of peanut butter cups

exercise.png

9voice9 wrote: »

Also - if you type an "@" and start typing the nickname, you'll get a list of them to choose from, and then it'll be entered into your message.

thankyou and congrats