Struggling

Options
Hello people I'm
Having a bad morning really fancying junk food I miss my crisps so bad !! But I don't want too touch them my kids eat them around me and so much temptation !!!! I need everyone's support too put me off !!!! And remind me why I'm in this situation !!! Really don't want too fail!!!

Replies

• candygibbons26
    candygibbons26 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :(
  • mandarkio
    mandarkio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Obviously crisps are pretty bad for you, but Quavers and Wotsits are pretty low calorie, I think ~90 cal. I don't eat them but my sister does when she's really craving crisps.

Alternatively you could try eating popcorn? Either plain or low cal (you can find low calorie brands in most supermarkets).

I'm sure others can recommend much healthier options, I have only recently started improving my diet so I'm not as clued up as some!

Stay strong! :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why not just have a serving in moderation?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I suggest weighing out a serving of the chips that will fit into your calorie allowance for the day, and then chowing down on those.

Losing weight doesn't mean you have to stop eating what you love. You just have to eat less of it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can still eat crisps - just go for the lower calorie versions (French fries, squares, quavers - there are loads out there!) and log it. There is no reason to deprive yourself, that isn't what this is about at all. By restricting yourself so badly, you are going to end up craving and eventually binge eating - which in a lot of cases causes people to 'quit' their plan altogether.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Why not just have a serving in moderation?
    How do you do that and not gobble them all up.

• candygibbons26
    Options
    I
    Totally understand what you are saying but the thing with me is I can't just eat one pack once I get that taste I be like oh stuff it eat another one lol so
    I would rather not go there instead I just made myself a cucumber and lettuce sandwich win cherry tomatoes on the side
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    With
  • amandaburd89
    amandaburd89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It's tough but you can do it. :)
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    I'm
    Eating less than 900 calories a day I use too eat well over 2500 no joke!!
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    Thankyou for your advice pink pixie if I ever fell
    The urge I will
    Get the low calorie ones last resort
  • candygibbons26
    Options
    That's wat I was thinking I can't just have a serving of crisp once you pop
    You can't stop ! :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make some fit into your allowance.
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I crave salty things like crisps it's because I have a mineral deficiency. If you take a good multivitamin with minerals, your cravings might drop a bit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why do you let your kids eat what you wouldn't want to eat yourself?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Why do you let your kids eat what you wouldn't want to eat yourself?
    Because they're different people with different nutritional likes, desires, and needs?

• Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Your kids will grow in to adults with the same problems if you keep them in the house. Purge them along with the rest of the unhealthy tempting stuff from your house completely. Keep freshly washed and portioned apple slices, grapes, celery&peanut butter, etc....for your kids to snack on instead of crisps. They may temporarily get mad at you, but when they grow up to become adults that do not struggle as much with unhealthy food cravings as the rest of the population, they will thank you for it later.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm

Why are you eating less than 900 calories a day...?
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I'm

Why are you eating less than 900 cals a day? That is no where near healthy.

Why not go by how many calories mfp tells you to ?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Your kids will grow in to adults with the same problems if you keep them in the house. Purge them along with the rest of the unhealthy tempting stuff from your house completely. Keep freshly washed and portioned apple slices, grapes, celery&peanut butter, etc....for your kids to snack on instead of crisps. They may temporarily get mad at you, but when they grow up to become adults that do not struggle as much with unhealthy food cravings as the rest of the population, they will thank you for it later.
    More likely, they'll simply be incapable of exercising moderation and discretion in a world that you can't bubble wrap for them because they never developed those abilities.