Where are my fellow nerds at?

Options
vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
edited October 2015 in Getting Started
I know some of you must be out there. If it weren't for video games, I probably would be eating non-stop. :D

I currently have been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2, especially with the new expansion coming out. But I would say that some of my favorite games would be Pokemon (my gaming roots), the Bioshock series, Elder Scrolls games, Resident Evil games, Left 4 Dead, and the Batman series. There are plenty of others, but to keep the list sweet and simple.. you know. Haha. I also collect video game systems. I have everything from the original NES to DreamCast. N64 will always hold a special place in my heart.

If you're a fellow video game enthusiast, or even if you're not, feel free to add me. I would just love some new friends to just talk to and also support. I have been noticing that my news feed has been slowly becoming lonely, especially as I weed out those who are inactive.

Some other things that I am interested in is art (I am an Elementary Art teacher), reading, hiking, and so on and so forth.

Would love to meet new people!

Replies

• rickmcdaniels
    rickmcdaniels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Conker's bad fur day should rank up there! Wish someone would make a sequel equal to the original
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I am more of a movies nerd, comic books, doctor who, lord of the rings, the hobbit. There is a cool store by my house its called Manifest and its loaded with anime, dvds, doctor who decor. I went there last week and bought some doctor who stuff for my house.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love video games
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Girl gamer here, mostly video games but also some tabletop RPGs.

Also, check in here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10241642/geeky-gamer-girl-looking-for-new-friends-to-join-this-epic-and-perilous-journey/p1

Lots of geekery! ^_^
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Into comics, sci-fi, fantasy and gaming. Star Wars geek and looking forward to the new film.
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Such a nerd here that I run an MMO :P But I'm currently waiting for Blade & Soul to come out. Getting antsy for the CBT of that one. I only do computer games, not so much into console.

As for Star Trek I own every episode of TNG, DS9, and Voyager (and the movies). As well as all of the Star Wars movies.
  • SDFIT30
    SDFIT30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Gamer here. Mostly MMO's at the moment, but I love platformers as well. Please feel free to add me, need some support to stay on track this time around.
  • zkhanman
    zkhanman Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    currently playing the Witcher series, really looking forward to fallout!
  • darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    good to meet you feel free to friend me fellow geek here card gamer (mtg) rpg gamer here oh huge star wars fan (my sons nursery is star wars themed )
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Big nerd here - video games & scifi/fantasy books, although I'm an avid reader of all genres. Babylon 5 is my all-time favorite show (and the show I work out to).

Also interested in hiking. In fact my major goal for the celebration of successful weight loss is sometime in 2017, I want to take a sabbatical to Tanzania, do a safari through the Serengeti, and for the main part of the trip, an eight-day hike to the top of Kilimanjaro and back. Then a few days of R&R on the beaches of Zanzibar :smile:
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Fallooooout!!!! The ONLY reason I got the xbox one is for when the new one is available!! I also like comics, Lady Death, the Nocturnals, Sandman and more. I geek out over medical science. I enjoy social sciences. I love neurochemistry as well and recognize the importance of the chemical makeup of our nutritional choices and it's effects on the human body in part and in whole...
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    All i gotta say I'm so so ready for Pokémon go. Be out on the swamp looking my pollywag (sp) damn it!
  • morvelaira
    morvelaira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You'll find me in Minecraft, and running a guild in FFXIV. And on Twitch. And YouTube. I spend too much time at the computer. >.<
  • flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I play LotRO and STO. I alternate between being a Hobbit and a Cardassian. >.>

[edit. That's Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online in non-geek. I got my start in City of Heroes (RIP :'( )]
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else consider reading text books entertainment? Into science art as well
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    I got my start in City of Heroes (RIP :'( )]

I'll see your start and raise you mine: Islands of Kesmai on Compuserve, followed by riding Legends of Kesmai into its grave.

I'll just leave this here..

BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    Version: 3.1
    GCS d+ s:+>- a+ C+++$ UL*++++$ P+$ L++$ !E- W+++$ !N !o K+++ !w !O- M+$ V PS++ PE+ Y++ PGP+ t+ !5 X+ !R tv+ b++ DI+++ !D G+++ e+(+) h---- r+++ z++++**
    END GEEK CODE BLOCK
  • Jewel256to150
    Jewel256to150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    N64...special place in my heart too. Ah, the good ole days. I played a lot until the babies were born 3 years ago...now I look forward to retirement gaming...lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! We are out there. Here's a couple of MFP groups that anyone is free to join. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/19-mfp-gamers

• sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerd here. Video games were and are a big part of my life. I enjoy hiking with my dog as well as scifi shows and books. Would love to be friends!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Currently replaying The Last of Us in between random raids on WoW and Guild Wars 2. I've already taken a day off work for Fallout 4's release so I can crack out on it and I can't wait. Thinking about a 7th play through of Skyrim after The Last of Us, or maybe a second go around with DA Inquisition. Hubby and I hop on Minecraft occasionally and I LOVED the Witcher 3. The Batman Arkham trilogy was great. I'm a huge RPG fan. I'll occasionally play FPS and we love the Halo series, but not getting the latest because it won't have split screen which we enjoy doing. We have 2 xbox ones, 1 PS4, 2 360's and 1 PS3, plus the Wii U that never gets turned on aside from Mario Cart and Zelda every blue moon.

I also table top RP and my husband is a gigantic MTG player that's currently trying to go pro. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, and anything Sci-Fi or fantasy really. My hubby's comic book collection needs it's own storage building.

Nerd? Yep, I am and proud of it LOL.

Edit to add: And I also love American Football and watch both college and pro. :D Stereotypes can suck it!