Where are my fellow nerds at?

Options

Replies

• izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @chaoticdreams Wow -- a day off for fallout 4! Impressive. I really need to try that game. Played all the Elder Scrolls games, more into CS:GO right now (LEM). Looking for workout/nerd friends too. Add me and we can share some steam id's.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We are here, We are here, We are here!

Nerds Unite Online!
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    izerop wrote: »
    @chaoticdreams Wow -- a day off for fallout 4! Impressive. I really need to try that game. Played all the Elder Scrolls games, more into CS:GO right now (LEM). Looking for workout/nerd friends too. Add me and we can share some steam id's.

Haha, yeah, the sheer reported size of that game will have me seeing little sleep and no life for a while. I'm the type that has to do all the side quests. It would probably end in divorce if he wasn't also going to be playing it on the One LOL.
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fallooooout!!!! The ONLY reason I got the xbox one is for when the new one is available!! I also like comics, Lady Death, the Nocturnals, Sandman and more. I geek out over medical science. I enjoy social sciences. I love neurochemistry as well and recognize the importance of the chemical makeup of our nutritional choices and it's effects on the human body in part and in whole...

Got over my being to mature for comic books in the last few years. Have since read all of the Sandman's and they are fantastic. Have also read the Alan Moore Swamp things and have developed a healthy nerd boner for anything Brian K Vaughn (so more Swamp Things coming my way). This comic book obsession started like all geek obsessions do in my life... Joss Whedon and wanting to continue in the Buffy/Angle verse's. Oh also Hellboy, can't forget Hellboy, the library editions are a thing of beauty and look beautiful in my new comic book shelf.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting that there are still so many of us. The best part of being nerdy for me is I can sit and talk to my students about the games I play. Today, I was discussion shiny chaining/breeding in Pokemon with one of my 5th graders. Only game I steer away from with them is GTA5. Gets awkward when it comes up because I totally judge parents who let there kids play really over the top violent and sexual games in 3rd-5th grade.
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love Star Trek, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead and so many other shows that most would consider nerdy/geeky.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    have a degree in Zombology and big time nerd. Pokemon is one of my roots in gaming as well as Final Fantasy. Good luck to ya and your goals. Send me an invite if ya want another nerd in your party.
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sci fi here, Dr Who, Star trek, Farscape, BSG so on and so forth!!
  • camorganart
    camorganart Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Computer programmer and fantasy comic creator here. I love all the things.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    KptCirk wrote: »
    Love Star Trek, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead and so many other shows that most would consider nerdy/geeky.

I will actually be the terrible person to admit that I never could get into Doctor Who. I don't know why because it is everything up my ally. But the terrible acting of the 80s kind of turned me away. Other than the Van Gogh episode. Love that one.. For obvious reasons haha.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Does anyone else consider reading text books entertainment? Into science art as well

I'm a medical editor and would love to get into editing textbooks. My work involves keeping up with the major clinical trial publications and medical guidelines so my company can help clients with medical decision making.
    nade0069 wrote: »
    Oh also Hellboy, can't forget Hellboy, the library editions are a thing of beauty and look beautiful in my new comic book shelf.
    So are they going to make a Hellboy III movie or not? Please please please do!

Also love Star Trek and Doctor Who, but my favorite is Babylon 5 (not sure about the 5th season though).

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    lkaspin wrote: »
    my favorite is Babylon 5 (not sure about the 5th season though).

Agreed wholeheartedly. I think the major part of the problem was not knowing if they'd be renewed for season 5 - they pushed the end of both wars into Season 4, and it threw the pacing of Season 5 off. Losing some of their actors didn't help either, particularly when there were no major departures since Season 2.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    mutatedpie wrote: »
    KptCirk wrote: »

I will actually be the terrible person to admit that I never could get into Doctor Who. I don't know why because it is everything up my ally. But the terrible acting of the 80s kind of turned me away. Other than the Van Gogh episode. Love that one.. For obvious reasons haha.

No shame. I'm not a Whovian either. Get ready to clutch the pearls folks, but fantasy reading isn't my thing either. I have been attached to computers for 33 years now, and with my first professional IT gig at 13, I think I will still get to keep my nerd card. :)
  • Abby_C2014
    Abby_C2014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Such a nerd here that I run an MMO :P But I'm currently waiting for Blade & Soul to come out. Getting antsy for the CBT of that one. I only do computer games, not so much into console.

As for Star Trek I own every episode of TNG, DS9, and Voyager (and the movies). As well as all of the Star Wars movies.
    OHMYGAWD YASSSS BLADE & SOUL. I've been waiting for it for so long. Thank god it is almost out! I can almost taste it but seriously. I CAN't WAITTTTTT! Currently playing perfect world ^_^

• nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    lkaspin wrote: »
    So are they going to make a Hellboy III movie or not? Please please please do!

Also love Star Trek and Doctor Who, but my favorite is Babylon 5 (not sure about the 5th season though).

oh dear lord if they don't I might cry. We needs us a Hellboy 3 stat!
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, always nice to see a fellow Guild Wars 2 player on here. Friend request sent.
  • redrosez4
    redrosez4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft girl here! <3
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Does anyone else consider reading text books entertainment? Into science art as well

Most of my books are medical text books. All different types. Also, I like reading the info packet that comes with prescriptions...I play a game that's guess what pathways and organs this affects/ or exactly how is this worse than the reason one might take it...etc. One of the worst/ scariest ones for me, was an antacid whose alternate use was causing miscarriage before iud implantation. With only 1 pill...
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have shelves of psych books... that I started reading at 12, way before I went to college for it haha. I'm a Harry Potter fan and do a rpg for that. I love writing calligraphy, running, cooking, and scooping out the first scoop of a newly opened jar (of PB, mayo, jam, whatever...).
  • Scott7609
    Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love video games