Sort of disappointed in myself

Options
2»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    @blankiefinder

@kcampbell1969 I hope you don't give up! I can see where that rate of loss would be very frustrating. Are you using a food scale? Take a look at my post here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest

Thanks! I am weighing and measuring absolutely everything - even bought a really good food scale and keep my collapsible measuring cups and spoons handy so I have no excuse not to. I have read everyone's comments to treyzamay and I truly appreciate all the advice. I won't give up! I'm better off now than I was 44 days ago when I began.

Great attitude! I would say that if you go more than another month without losing at a better rate (based on your anticipated loss from your calculated deficits) that you should revisit your settings like activity level and exercise calories, and if you're confident in them, then it might be time for a check up with your MD.
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    sbourghol wrote: »
    hi treyzamey, don't be discouraged! The number on the scale doesn't mean anything, as it was said it depend on the time you took the measurement, better do it when you wake up and after going to the bathroom :)

It is very normal that you gain some weight. The more you run, the more your body will build muscle, at the same time you will be loosing fat tissue which is your objective I guess.Muscle weights more than fat so it might be the reason why you gained some weight. So you must not disappointed. So even if you gain weight, check if you get slimmer at your waist. If it is so, your then on the good way.

True true true. I wouldn't say it better.
    I've been through it too. Just keep going ladies. You got this
  • energizenj
    energizenj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I go sometimes a week or two without a loss on the scale even though I weigh everything. I eventually see small results. I log my food honestly even though some days I maybe over my goal. I am celebrating 100 days tomorrow and thus far down about 30 pounds. I will take slow and steady everyday. Just keep going. Friend request me and we can support each other. I am looking to make new friends in the community.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oh, I so needed to read this today. Treyzamay - I am going through the exact same thing you are. I even told myself before getting on the scale this morning, "You're going to do this and you're not going to like it." :'(

44 days today and I've MAYBE lost a total of 4 pounds. VERY discouraging. It's like my body refuses to let me see below a certain number - except for maybe a day or two. I try to only weigh myself once a week and I did take before pics, but I'm not brave enough to take more just yet. I also took measurements but not until I had been working at this for over a month.

I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 4 days ago, so I'm hoping and praying that it will kick in soon. It's so hard right now to not just give up.

If you keep at it, I'll keep at it. :)

Katie

It might be that you won't lose more than .5 lbs per week. I am like that. Many are. I suppose you do not have a lot to lose either.

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! Sometimes I don't show a loss for several days even though I feel as if I'm doing everything right, but eventually I see one lb or possibly two less on the scales. If you overeat a day, blow it off. It happens...normally one bad day won't derail you. I weigh faithfully most mornings but if I have a "bad" night, I skip weighing the next am if I think it's going to upset me to the point I'm discouraged. I wait a day or two to weigh and in the meantime I get back eating right. We're human! The big thing is get right back to it. You can do this!!