20 years old and i could die...

Options
1235»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    According to this calculator: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
    Your current BMR (the calories you need to keep your vital organs, etc, living) is 2652 calories. What I personally like to do is eat about 100 calories above my BMR and then also eat back exercise calories. I don't feel too hungry and as long as I stick with it, I lose the weight pretty easily.

This is a good place to start.

Even if you do 10 minutes of walking once a day, that's a good start. Eventually make it 10 minutes twice a day... then two 15-minute sessions... then maybe on 20-minute session... up to 30 minutes eventually. But baby steps for now.

Start tracking what you're already eating. See where you're at now.

You can do this. There are many success stories here. Yours can be one of them.
  • OUFan70
    OUFan70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll suggest Keto.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you decided to join this site and change your lifestyle! My advice for you just starting out is as follows:

Log in every day which includes logging your food, exercise, and reading the forums (Even if you aren't eating according to your calorie goal, logging your food can give you valuable information on your eating habits, basically if you are eating too much, if you have too much sodium, too many carbs, etc. Then you can go about tweaking your diet to gradually make it more healthy. Plus getting on these forums can give you so much information about living a healthier lifestyle. Keep logging on!)

Make gradual changes instead of a major overhaul (Its been proven that gradual changes are easier to stick with and you are more likely to see results from these. If you start off eating only healthy foods, starve yourself, try intense workouts that are above your fitness level, you will easily and quickly get burned out and frustrated and go back to old behaviors. So some examples of gradual changes to make: if Jillian dvds are too intense, try going for a nightly walk after dinner or do some swimming for half an hour. Instead of eating 1200 calories a day just try to quit drinking soda and replace a junky snack with a fresh veggie or fruit.)

Get support (Having people on here as friends and having people in your life support your lifestyle change makes a big difference. It helps when motivation gets tough and when you start slipping back into old behaviors if you can have someone to go to. If you make friends with people on here they can give you so much knowledge on living a fit life.)

Those are the big ones that I can think of right now but basically just stick with it! If you mess up, get back to it tomorrow. You can do this! Also check out the success stories, they are so motivational.
    This is such great advice for you right now. Just logging in faithfully, recording your food, weighing and measuring your food, will be a huge help...and you'll find right away that you're eating differently and eating less just through that practice. Don't worry about going 100% healthy right now; just get used to the swing of it right now.'

If you can, do a little exercise, and I mean a little. A five-minute walk before work? something easy, convenient, that doesn't take a lot of time or equipment. soon it becomes a longer walk, a longer walk at a faster pace....once some of the weight is gone, you'll find more intense exercise more doable and more appealing.

So many people here have done so amazingly well. There's a posting on here somewhere of people talking about their losses of 100 pounds or more,it went up yesterday I think. Talk about inspirational!
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a good place for women with PCOS. I think you'll find there are a lot of us here and many groups specifically for us. Feel free to friend me if you ever need someone to talk to.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You asked for it, you're going to get tons of advice. Here's mine:

Don't ever give up.

Some stuff will work for you, some won't. Figure out what works for you, and stick to it.

You'll have good days, you'll have bad days. Just don't give up.

When I started I was in those same sizes. I know it's hard to do a lot of things at a size 30, or a 32. ( Bear in mind I'm also older and shorter than you). The big trick is not to give up. You CAN do it. It WILL get easier. Celebrate your victories when they come. Just don't give up. :)
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You asked for it, you're going to get tons of advice. Here's mine:

Don't ever give up.

Some stuff will work for you, some won't. Figure out what works for you, and stick to it.

You'll have good days, you'll have bad days. Just don't give up.

When I started I was in those same sizes. I know it's hard to do a lot of things at a size 30, or a 32. ( Bear in mind I'm also older and shorter than you). The big trick is not to give up. You CAN do it. It WILL get easier. Celebrate your victories when they come. Just don't give up. :)

This was an old-ish thread, looks like OP deactivated her account :frown: