Why dont i look as much as i weigh?

Options
124»

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to take measurements. I'm guessing, that when you gain/lose weight your body does it fairly proportionately so it's not super noticeable until there have been a lot of pounds.

So take pictures and measurements. That when you get back to 155 you can tell the difference, and it doesn't feel like all this effort was for nothing.

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    BriTyler3 wrote: »
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    hello everyone,

Last yr i lost 15 pounds starting at 170 down to 155. I gained all weight back by becoming lazy plus 5 more. The only thing is you really can not tell! Ppl think i weigh around 150! So my question is if it isnt visible where is it?

I was similar, Ive come to the conclusion I carried the weight everywhere rather than in isolated areas.

To the degree my head is now smaller!

I had a bit of a gut, but nothing major. And am short, so would expect weight to really be emphasised, but no one would have called me for the weight I was.

Since dropping the weight I wanted my glasses dont fit, my wedding ring doesnt fit, my shoes have more room in them, my jeans are a lot looser in the leg... Essentially I kept fat all over!

Exactly how I gain also....makes it easier to let more and more weight creep on. But eventually there is no way to hide it. OP...I understand your question and regardless of where the gain is- it is there. Keep steady on your plan.

It is. Ive had about 8lbs creep in, though some of that has been necessary. Im very conscious of it though, because I know very well I can "hide" it if I dont keep it in check.

One of my checks is to pinch the back of my head - I used to have a crease when I was heavy so its a mini-barometer for me!

Wow, never knew fat even goes to the head. Weight is really a sneaky sun of a gun.

Indeed it is! I have a trimmer and keep my head shaved (#1) and never picked up on the fact the ridge at the back was fat. It was only when I lost the weight and my wife pointed it out I noticed.

And have since noticed my glasses now slide off my face at any given opportunity...

It could be, like me, you wear a little all over - which adds up to more than you would think/it appears
  • BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hamelle2 wrote: »
    hello everyone,

Last yr i lost 15 pounds starting at 170 down to 155. I gained all weight back by becoming lazy plus 5 more. The only thing is you really can not tell! Ppl think i weigh around 150! So my question is if it isnt visible where is it?

I was similar, Ive come to the conclusion I carried the weight everywhere rather than in isolated areas.

To the degree my head is now smaller!

I had a bit of a gut, but nothing major. And am short, so would expect weight to really be emphasised, but no one would have called me for the weight I was.

Since dropping the weight I wanted my glasses dont fit, my wedding ring doesnt fit, my shoes have more room in them, my jeans are a lot looser in the leg... Essentially I kept fat all over!

Exactly how I gain also....makes it easier to let more and more weight creep on. But eventually there is no way to hide it. OP...I understand your question and regardless of where the gain is- it is there. Keep steady on your plan.

It is. Ive had about 8lbs creep in, though some of that has been necessary. Im very conscious of it though, because I know very well I can "hide" it if I dont keep it in check.

One of my checks is to pinch the back of my head - I used to have a crease when I was heavy so its a mini-barometer for me!

Wow, never knew fat even goes to the head. Weight is really a sneaky sun of a gun.

Indeed it is! I have a trimmer and keep my head shaved (#1) and never picked up on the fact the ridge at the back was fat. It was only when I lost the weight and my wife pointed it out I noticed.

And have since noticed my glasses now slide off my face at any given opportunity...

It could be, like me, you wear a little all over - which adds up to more than you would think/it appears

Yes, i see that it adds up according to scale. I definitely see a difference from my waist it used to be smaller. But my backfat was the motivation for me to get it together!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    hello everyone,

Pics or it didn't happen.

#humblebrag
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My fat has always been pretty dense and evenly distributed. I gained 30 lbs over about 10 months a few years ago and didn't even realize because all my clothes still fit mostly the same. Even now I am at a lower weight than I have been in 6+ years and I am just now getting lower measurements with the tape measure and I've lost about 20 lbs now (40 from my highest). The fat's still there, just squishier now. Everyone is different.
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hello everyone,

Pics or it didn't happen.

#humblebrag

Oh please, troll
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    knelson095 wrote: »
    My fat has always been pretty dense and evenly distributed. I gained 30 lbs over about 10 months a few years ago and didn't even realize because all my clothes still fit mostly the same. Even now I am at a lower weight than I have been in 6+ years and I am just now getting lower measurements with the tape measure and I've lost about 20 lbs now (40 from my highest). The fat's still there, just squishier now. Everyone is different.

Yeah thats my case as well, although when i lose weight there does happen to be a 2-5inch gain in space.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    You probably have a ton of internal fat around your organs.

^^This is what the surgeon who removed my gallbladder said about my liver. This is not a good thing. I hate my chubby belly, but I really want most of my fat gone, or to be where I can see it, instead of lurking around deep inside surrounding my organs.
  • BriTyler3
    Options
    You probably have a ton of internal fat around your organs.

^^This is what the surgeon who removed my gallbladder said about my liver. This is not a good thing. I hate my chubby belly, but I really want most of my fat gone, or to be where I can see it, instead of lurking around deep inside surrounding my organs.

Well yes that sounds very unhealthy, worst thing is you cant see it so that makes it worst. Weight is verrry sneaky