Tell me what you're having for dinner this evening...

Options

Replies

• LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    We're having a junk food dinner! Taco salad made with iceberg lettuce (we never eat this!) and smothered in crushed doritos.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Spag bol with cheese :)
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    We had homemade nachos last night.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast with grilled bell peppers, onions, green beans, and mushrooms. Mixed strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries drizzled with honey & lime juice.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The pork and sauerkraut sounds amazing and seasonal. I'm likely having leftovers--chicken breast (roasted on the bone, with skin), roasted red potatoes, beets, green beans, and zucchini.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I had Chuy's at a charity event last night (a ton of a fajita chicken and steak with some rice and guac).

Tonight I'll have a pre-made dish: a skillet recipe with ground turkey, quinoa, sweet potatoes and carrots in a Japanese curry sauce. I'll heat it up and put it on a spinach salad.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon, sweet potato wedges, roasted tomatoes and broccoli.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetarian lasagna, green beans, grapes, and a little sugar-free jello for dessert!
  • MrsPiscez
    MrsPiscez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad sandwich.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    jambalaya with chicken sausage and fresh green beans
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am going to have onion soup with toast and sauteed Brussels Sprouts with dijon mustard sauce.
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I had Chuy's at a charity event last night (a ton of a fajita chicken and steak with some rice and guac)

Here's the winner!! I'm SO having fajitas tonight now (without the wraps)
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...my mouth is watering...thanks kwtilbury!!
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Last night I made beef burgundy, whipped potatoes and English peas. I then cut up some strawberries, macertated them in with 2 tbsp of organic sugar and topped them with some wild honey and organic heavy whipping cream. Total meal cost was about 750 calories (if I recall correctly). Check my diary for meal ideas. I made chicken with vodka sauce one night over the weekend and chicken with a garlic white wine sauce too.
  • ThreeKeys_
    ThreeKeys_ Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bolognese tonight. Simples. Fry some garlic, onion, baby sweet corn, mange tout, peas, carrot and pepper (really trying to pack in the veg!) and 100g minced beef, pour off most of the liquid, splash of red wine, tin of chopped tomatos, bit of tomato pureé, reduce and mix in 100g of wholewheat fusili.

Yum. Simple, cheap, nutritious etc.
  • DawnUrbanski
    DawnUrbanski Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Asian chicken lettuce wraps
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    beans on toast, cant face the thought of anything else

This has alwasy sounded so strange to me! You just top your toasted bread with canned beans??

For dinner I am having tofu stir fry! Tofu with green beans, broccoli, carrots, peas.
  • MichelleMyBelle86
    MichelleMyBelle86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    beans on toast, cant face the thought of anything else

This has alwasy sounded so strange to me! You just top your toasted bread with canned beans??

For dinner I am having tofu stir fry! Tofu with green beans, broccoli, carrots, peas.

I'm guessing you're not English rbfdac!! Or you would be VERY familiar with this meal!
    Haha...Yes it's basically canned beans (has to be Heinz, in tomato sauce) heated up and served piping hot on a slice of buttered toast.
    So yum!!
    Especially with a little grated cheese to melt into them and then salt and pepper - you should try it :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    We are having roast turkey and spaghetti squash with mushroom gravy and sautéed mixed greens (collards, kale and chard).
  • stefankruithof
    stefankruithof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    g48ry84mm53c.jpg

Spinach, peanuts, and goat's cheese on bread with sesame seeds.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Pan seared pork chops with veggies sautéed in butter... and a skinny cow ice cream bar for dessert!