Not losing weight and frustrated!

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have heard about apple cider vinegar and cucumbers when you are on a plateau.

Add a bit of sugar and pepper and your cucumber salad will be delicious but it will not break you out of a plateau.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

For what?
  • AlmaCopeman
    AlmaCopeman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope this helps.
    I am a weight loss consultant and a few tips I could give you that could help are
    1) don't just use you app write everything down and carry that book/ paper with you every where you go. You maybe eating more then you think so try and weigh your food.
    2) you are on maintaince if no weight loss for over a year. Try going to a 1200 cal menu plan for at least 2 weeks strait.
    3) if number 2 doesn't work try doing a 1200 cal and 1500 cal on Opposite days
    4) try having another small meal a day. So if you only do 4 have 5. You should have brk, snk, lunc, snk, din, snk. (6 small meals) a day.
    5) try doing less activity or just do one if you do more ie: just do a walk not a run or just do yoga not the gym.

Hope you try these. I do have more ideas so I could always help if these do t work for you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @AlmaCopeman can you please explain your reasoning for numbers 2 through 5?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Seems to me like number 5 would be counter productive for fat loss but maybe not weight loss.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

For what?

That's a very personal question.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would lose .08 per wèek if I followed the goals exactly. So I adapted till I found my groove. It's working now.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I have no advice what so ever. I just wanted to say at 5' 8" and 153 I think you look fabulous. Your arms, oh my gosh, they are beautiful.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Seems to me like number 5 would be counter productive for fat loss but maybe not weight loss.

Yes indeedy.

I just feel if someone is going to hand out random instructions, they should explain the reasoning behind their suggestions.

• tschenk99
    tschenk99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hope this helps.
    I am a weight loss consultant and a few tips I could give you that could help are
    1) don't just use you app write everything down and carry that book/ paper with you every where you go. You maybe eating more then you think so try and weigh your food.
    2) you are on maintaince if no weight loss for over a year. Try going to a 1200 cal menu plan for at least 2 weeks strait.
    4) try having another small meal a day. So if you only do 4 have 5. You should have brk, snk, lunc, snk, din, snk. (6 small meals) a day.
    5) try doing less activity or just do one if you do more ie: just do a walk not a run or just do yoga not the gym.

Hope you try these. I do have more ideas so I could always help if these do t work for you.

Thanks! These are great pointers.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    tschenk99 wrote: »
    I hope this helps.

Thanks! These are great pointers.

Oh geez!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    cups and tbsp can be just as accurate as weighing so long as you make them level.
    I'm also going to comment as others did that this isn't the case.

A tightly packed cup will hold more weight (and calories) than a loosely packed cup, no matter how level you make the top.

Many companies add this disclaimer:

r5mf1ozxcirv.jpg
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I have no advice what so ever. I just wanted to say at 5' 8" and 153 I think you look fabulous. Your arms, oh my gosh, they are beautiful.

Yeah, to the OP, I would suggest you have your body composition tested (bodpod, DEXA, etc.) and make sure you actually have that much fat you can safely lose. While your "ideal" calculated body weight is a bit less than your CW (although your current weight is well within normal healthy limits for your height), you also seem to be quite athletic in build, which can easily throw off estimates of what you 'should' weigh.
  • bigpimping6969
    bigpimping6969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Measure out your food