800 lb man kicked out of hospital

2»

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    faely wrote: »
    Anyone remember Penny from My 600lb Life? Some people don't want to be helped and are in a complete state of denial, no matter their condition, environment, enablers or whatever words of despair come out of their mouth. You can get all the help and empathy in the world but you will never change until you want to.

She was the absolute worst, but a perfect example of someone who received help but was clearly not ready for it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    faely wrote: »
    Anyone remember Penny from My 600lb Life? Some people don't want to be helped and are in a complete state of denial, no matter their condition, environment, enablers or whatever words of despair come out of their mouth. You can get all the help and empathy in the world but you will never change until you want to.

Yup, was thinking of her during this thread.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    Unless you are sectioned it is against your human rights to be denied......20lb in 80 days at over 800lb is a shockingly low weight loss. Reading between the lines i doubt this was his first transgression.... all addiction patients have to follow rules they would rather not so why should he be any different just because he's fat and not a junkie.

Right, someone was clearly enabling him by sneaking him food for someone that size to lose so little while hospitalized.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    I agree Catwm. I guess Im just a softy when it comes to people and their issues.......I agree that he has made a career about this.......I didnt know, but hes on YOUTUBE , and ironically, he was a house guest on Dr Phils show.Yep, he was on the show and he was asked to clean while he lived in the house, and he didn't contribute.......talk about irony

I had no idea when I posted that he should call Dr Phill that he was already on Dr Phil.....also, he does clips on Youtube...........if you go to Youtube, type in his name, hes on it.........and he loves attention

and You are 100 percent correct.......I agree with your post.........so many people would do anything to be in his place and yet he abused the system.........thank you for a sincere post Ctwm...........