The most annoying things said...

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Guys, if you want to start the debate on a calorie vs a calorie, please do it in another thread. We don't need to go down this rabbit hole again.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nevermind, I don't even care.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the original subject. An example of annoying thing said....My brother made a comment to me about my weight loss awhile back....asking me if I had cancer because I lost so much weight. lol I looked at him and said...Hows your fat gut and stick legs coming along? :) Brothers......
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    annoying things said to me "you're thick- that's ALL you can squat"

"don't lose any more weight"
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    I could not help myself.

https://youtu.be/3S8ynIDYyG4
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

"don't lose any more weight"

Is it bad that that's how I feel about myself?

And I also hate the don't lose any more weight, especially since I still need to lose another 30lbs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Wow, so someone actually had the nerve to say that to you? Arggg people. SMH!
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    A trainer at my gym approached me with a comment about my bench press (not a problem with form or anything) and then asked me a few questions about my workout. When I told him the lifts I do (I follow SL 5x5) he said:

"Aren't you worried you'll hurt yourself?" And "you could do calisthenics, that won't let you get bulky"

I wanted to smack him with a 25lb plate...I was thoroughly annoyed.
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    "Have you been eating a lot of fried food [again]?" My doctor.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    What is annoying is when I go trick or treating and I get a box of raisins. They say, "I only give out healthy treats!" WTF!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    What is annoying is when I go trick or treating and I get a box of raisins. They say, "I only give out healthy treats!" WTF!

HAHAHA
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have some favorites..

In the weight gaining section, everyone has a fast metabolism
    In the losing weight section, everyone has a slow metabolism.

But when you figure out how they are tracking calorie, its not true..

Oh love me some somatotypes.
  • dallas_33
    dallas_33 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I either hear "Your so lucky. I wish I had your problem"...uhhh no you don't. Or "Your so skinny. Why don't you just eat?"...deep down I want to reply "Why don't you stop stuffing your face?!" but the grownup in me says to not even bother arguing about it. They'll never understand.....
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    While trying to justify eating 2500 calories a day (after I increased my activity level), and family members think I'm so obsessed about eating more food. Similarly, or that 300g of carbs a day is definitely way too many for me, even though that would be just under 50% of my total calorie intake. (Without measuring blood sugar levels after eating there's no conclusive evidence that my body's carb threshold is not that high). Mind you, I'm a 21 year old male with a BMI of 19.3, and I also do a little bit of strength training. My waist size is smaller than most women out there, and they know it. I just don't get it.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Wow, so someone actually had the nerve to say that to you? Arggg people. SMH!

I have had people say it to me yes... mostly out of 'love' if you will- they know I work hard- and they respect me. But it's still annoying.
  • dallas_33
    dallas_33 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Since trying to gain..."I'm not normal"
  • lbaxandall
    lbaxandall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5'3, 119 lbs... most annoying thing said is when people tell me to eat more! I take in 2000 calories a day, how much more do you want me to take in? Or, when friends say "Yeah you can eat whatever, you're skinny." Not fair. I still watch what I eat, and I still workout like mad to maintain the way I look! Sorry!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    lbaxandall wrote: »
    5'3, 119 lbs... most annoying thing said is when people tell me to eat more! I take in 2000 calories a day, how much more do you want me to take in? Or, when friends say "Yeah you can eat whatever, you're skinny." Not fair. I still watch what I eat, and I still workout like mad to maintain the way I look! Sorry!

To be fair, if you're trying to gain weight and you aren't gaining at your current intake, that is the answer. While it may seem like a ton of food to you, if you are burning a large number of calories, you aren't going to gain until you up your intake.

If you feel like the volume of food you eat is too much, try swapping out low calorie foods with higher calorie options.
  • lostinwebspace
    lostinwebspace Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not about my weight, but a friend said he wanted to tone muscle. He didn't want to gain any or at least much. I told him there's not really any such thing as toning muscle, but only building muscle or losing fat to make muscle more defined. He's at, I estimate, 30% BF, so I told him he'd be better off losing fat because, if he wanted muscle definition, he'd see it most at about 10% BF. He said he wasn't fat and he'd just work out to get the muscle. I told him to measure what he eats re: calories. He said, I kid you not, "I can't be bothered to calculate my calories." Good luck then. Either he'd have to lose 20% BF to see any muscle definition or he'd have to gain a ton of muscle that he loses the 20% BF, which he told me he doesn't want to do. And not track calories? Pfff. He wanted to wing it to success when tons of people wrack their brains for months or years trying to get there.