stuck since 8/14

Options
2»

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I agree about the low calories! Why would a 200 lb woman eat just 1200 calories?? I lose steadily eating between 1700 and 2200 calories. It's never the same day to day. The only thing I hit is 100 grams of protein. I let the carbs & fats sort out differently each day too. Mostly clean. It really does make a difference...
    AND I WALK! ~cue evil laugh~
    I walk 100k steps a week. All different speeds, slopes, durations, distances.
    But thanks for letting me know my 10+ lb weight loss in 8 weeks must have been caused by a unicorn pooping skittles in my path instead. Hahaha
    But truly. Enough with the 1200 calories. We're big girls. Eat like you mean business. Real, nourishing food at just enough of a deficit to lose fat steadily over time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yep! Know about weighing everything I can tell you my food scale so far has been my best friend. MFP database does not always give me the log option by weight though I know I have again weighed out the 30 grams to equal 110 calories of my special k cereal. 32 grams of JIFF peanut butter is 190 calories. 28 grams of my natural Peanut Butter Co. Smooth operator peanut butter is 180 calories. I have a sweet tango Apple that weighs out at 110 grams but 115 grams is the closest I can log on MFP so I go with that always over never under. I weigh out 1 oz of roasted plantain chips for a snack at work and just the measured portion goes with me the rest of the bag stays home. Put everything individually on the food scale then into the bowl for my taco salad. I really am very diligent. When I have a lean cusine meal or a packet of oatmeal that states it is 240 calories or 130 calories I trust it. I really am getting in 8 plus hours of physical activity in per week as well. I walk 30 min at a good pace (15 min mile) with an average heart rate of 149 BPM by the FitBit still do classes both at home and the gym. Until yesterday was not eating more due to exercise my deficits have been there. Thank you all for checking in! Going to see what the next few Friday's look like at both work (digital scale) and gym (manual scale). It may be time for biomed to come do a calabration! Thank you so much for taking the time to

@CrystalBurns1 you are just fine I think. I dropped a few pounds under 200 for the first time in 22 years in June and stay there for a few months and was at 202 the last few days. If we let our weigh stabilize for six months then start the next leg down we have reduced our odds of a 100%+ regain I have read. At my age one more regain could take me out. I know how to lose weight so being at 200 for six months helps my head know I can finally maintain for the first time in my 64 years. :) Straight line losses can mess with our brain/hormones/etc.

I have to eat at 2600 calories to lose but I maintain at 3000. To restart my losing I just need to eat my last meal by 5 PM and not again until 8 am which will put me at 2600 calories those days.

It truly does confound me that someone can eat 2,600 calories a day and lose weight. Lucky you :smile:

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I agree about the low calories! Why would a 200 lb woman eat just 1200 calories?? I lose steadily eating between 1700 and 2200 calories. It's never the same day to day. The only thing I hit is 100 grams of protein. I let the carbs & fats sort out differently each day too. Mostly clean. It really does make a difference...
    AND I WALK! ~cue evil laugh~
    I walk 100k steps a week. All different speeds, slopes, durations, distances.
    But thanks for letting me know my 10+ lb weight loss in 8 weeks must have been caused by a unicorn pooping skittles in my path instead. Hahaha
    But truly. Enough with the 1200 calories. We're big girls. Eat like you mean business. Real, nourishing food at just enough of a deficit to lose fat steadily over time.

If she's eating 1200 calories really and truly, and not losing, then she will gain if she eats more. She also shouldn't eat less though, because she *should* be losing on 1200 at her weight! That is when a visit to the doctor is needed. Though most doctors give terrible advice on how to lose weight, I would only trust them on the medical stuff like the TSH info I posted above.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat your exercise calories. Eat half, at least! You may really get stuck later and want to cut back! Eat as much as you can while still losing!

I started at about 250 and am down to 156 as of this morning. I usually lose in whooshes. Nothing for many weeks, then several pounds in a few days or a week. It's taken me a really long time (too long, IMO), but it's happened. It can happen for you, too. Don't quit. Change things around, if you must. Fall down and get back up. Never quit!

I have to disagree with the person who said that just walking won't help. It so will. I'm a huge fan of shaking things up, exercise-wise, using new parts of the body, working them all, keeping it interesting. But you're going to burn calories walking at a steady pace because your body requires energy to do that. Many people do nothing but walking. Don't feel compelled to vary your speed,if you don't feel like it. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yep! Know about weighing everything I can tell you my food scale so far has been my best friend. MFP database does not always give me the log option by weight though I know I have again weighed out the 30 grams to equal 110 calories of my special k cereal. 32 grams of JIFF peanut butter is 190 calories. 28 grams of my natural Peanut Butter Co. Smooth operator peanut butter is 180 calories. I have a sweet tango Apple that weighs out at 110 grams but 115 grams is the closest I can log on MFP so I go with that always over never under. I weigh out 1 oz of roasted plantain chips for a snack at work and just the measured portion goes with me the rest of the bag stays home. Put everything individually on the food scale then into the bowl for my taco salad. I really am very diligent. When I have a lean cusine meal or a packet of oatmeal that states it is 240 calories or 130 calories I trust it. I really am getting in 8 plus hours of physical activity in per week as well. I walk 30 min at a good pace (15 min mile) with an average heart rate of 149 BPM by the FitBit still do classes both at home and the gym. Until yesterday was not eating more due to exercise my deficits have been there. Thank you all for checking in! Going to see what the next few Friday's look like at both work (digital scale) and gym (manual scale). It may be time for biomed to come do a calabration! Thank you so much for taking the time to

@CrystalBurns1 you are just fine I think. I dropped a few pounds under 200 for the first time in 22 years in June and stay there for a few months and was at 202 the last few days. If we let our weigh stabilize for six months then start the next leg down we have reduced our odds of a 100%+ regain I have read. At my age one more regain could take me out. I know how to lose weight so being at 200 for six months helps my head know I can finally maintain for the first time in my 64 years. :) Straight line losses can mess with our brain/hormones/etc.

I have to eat at 2600 calories to lose but I maintain at 3000. To restart my losing I just need to eat my last meal by 5 PM and not again until 8 am which will put me at 2600 calories those days.
    Thats interesting. Where did you read that?

My doctor is kind of high up in his field, so when he called weight loss experts, they called him back. I had plateaued in a big, fat, STUCK kind of way. They advised that I should take a six month break and get back to it. I did (and it was lovely as I was up to here with the weighing and logging) and when I went back to it, the weight FLEW off again, just like I had when I started losing.

As it turns out, many experts recommend six months of dieting, six months off, then back at it again.

I've slowed down again. Hoping I can lose this last 25-30 pounds without another break. :)

Please let us know where you read that. I'd like to read it. :)

• popoycanton
    popoycanton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A plateau this long, I would add 200 cals for one week, another 200 cals a second weeks (two weeks in total). A third week is not out of the question, depends on the individual. Then eat back at the original cal deficit. Weight loss should resume.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Crystal,
    I know you have your logging pretty good, but did you know you can alter the serving size on a lot of items?
    I just looked up your sweet tango apple, (I added USDA to the query as that will get a better result) and came up with the apple 154 g. But I could alter it to the serving size being 1g. , then put in 110 for the number of servings, giving 57cal for the apple.
    There is no need to have the serving size quoted, you can modify a lot of the entries just by clicking on the serving size or number of servings panels.

Cheers, h.