9 days detox! Who's in

Options
I am starting the Fat Smashing diet detox phase 1 today. It's a 9 day process. Need all the motivation who's in it with me! Come one people we can do this! 40lbs left to go!

Replies

• downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Thank you for the link. I know our liver and organs in general take care of that stuff I reached a plateau with my weight loss so I thought trying 9 days of only fruit and vegetable, which is called the detox phase 1 in the book, would probably kick start my weight loss again!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If you aren't losing and it's been more than three weeks, then you need to tighten up your logging. This may include investing in a food scale to weigh your foods, adjusting calories assumed to be burned during exercise, or both.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    downa100 wrote: »

Thank you for the link. I know our liver and organs in general take care of that stuff I reached a plateau with my weight loss so I thought trying 9 days of only fruit and vegetable, which is called the detox phase 1 in the book, would probably kick start my weight loss again!

And where would the protein you need come from during this phase?
    Protein is essential and doubly important when dieting.

Please reconsider.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • downa100
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Please reconsider.

You get protein from tofu, legions, lentils stuff like that. That's what the book says too
  • downa100
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you aren't losing and it's been more than three weeks, then you need to tighten up your logging. This may include investing in a food scale to weigh your foods, adjusting calories assumed to be burned during exercise, or both.

I have a digital scale but no I have been eye balling stuff not weighing anything
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options

I have a digital scale but no I have been eye balling stuff not weighing anything

Well there's your problem. If you start weighing your food you will realise that humans tend to underestimate what we are eating.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So you're not logging accurately and rather than fix that you jump straight to a fad diet that has a "detox" of some unspecified toxins?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Nice realisation! This will help you stay under your calorie limit. Good for you.
  • GaryHarbisher
    GaryHarbisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I found reverse dieting got me over my last plateau, have lost 3lbs last week now that I am on the calorie cutting again
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I found reverse dieting got me over my last plateau, have lost 3lbs last week now that I am on the calorie cutting again

The OP said they were not accurately logging, and weighing food is what will get them out of a plateau.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Please reconsider.

You get protein from tofu, legions, lentils stuff like that. That's what the book says too

But you are only eating fruit and veg for nine days....
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I guess I am confused. If you know that your liver and kidneys help to detox your body, then what will the 9 day detox accomplish? To me that is saying, I know this isn't going to work, but I will do it anyway!

It is ignoring the real issue. If you are eyeballing your food and not measuring it, then you are most likely eating more than you think you are and are not losing weight. You own a scale, and were successful when you were weighing your food, I am assuming? Then why not start there first and start weighing your food again?

I don't see the reason to try something new when something was working, you stopped doing it, and then you stopped seeing results.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

THIS is why you're stuck.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

THIS is why you're stuck.

Concur.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »

Well there's your problem. If you start weighing your food you will realise that humans tend to underestimate what we are eating.

This. Tighening up your logging will be so much less unpleasant than what you're proposing.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Nice realisation! This will help you stay under your calorie limit. Good for you.

Really??

OP, you are probably underestimating how many calories you are taking in, since 'eyeballing ' our food is what got most of us to where we are right now...overweight or obese. Weigh and log everything, THAT is what will get you out of your plateau ...not a fad detox
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

If you've hit a plateau then continue to eat normally in a deficit still.

But maybe make sure you are getting enough sleep and try throwing in some sprint sessions to your exercise regime.

A 9 day diet of just fruit and veg will not be helpful to anyone.