How much calories do you take for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Zero to 500 depending on the day. I'd say my normal is 200.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Today I ate a pastry, corn&rlce, green salad, carrot etc and they were 734 calories at total. Normally I would take around 300, but I have an appetite problem lately which I think is psychological. I will skip lunch and eat a well-nutritient dinner. I bought organic milupa baby food, which I am sure tastes horrible but well in nutritients.

Today I had several cups of coffee, and ate nothing else until about 5:30 - 6 PM. Most days I just have coffee and a bagel, and nothing much more until dinner.

Eat what works for you. Maybe you're just hungry in the morning because you are eating less at night.

I actually had a past and a mandarin right before sleep, but it didn't prevent me from getting so hungry in the morning :)

How do you survive the day like that !? Don't you need energy? What is your dinner like?

For years I've eaten very light breakfast. It just works for me. I often have coffee and a bagel, then eat nothing until dinner time. If my work and activity levels are up, I do eat during the day.

In your case the baby food and low calorie thing might just be leaving you with too low of an overall calorie intake. Even if you set your goals low (for women I think the minimum should be 1200 calories net) eat foods that fill you up more, and it might help curb your cravings.

But in any case stay safe, experiment on what makes you feel better, and do what works for you. For me, I can spread my meals out with a long period in between. For others that may mean lots of small meals through the day. For you.... just remember there are very few absolutes in weight loss and you have to figure that one out for yourself.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Usually around 300-400, some days more (today 1100, lol), some days less.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm often not very hungry in the morning so my breakfast is smaller.
    I typically eat 200-300 calories for breakfast, 300-500 for lunch, 400-600 for dinner and 100-200 for snacks. I try to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I eat a variety of regular foods- the way I want to eat for the rest of my life.

If you aren't planning to eat baby food for the rest of your life it probably won't help you develop healthy eating habits to do so now. It is food obviously- just pureed or cut up- so not bad for your physical health but mentally/socially you may not be doing yourself any favors.
  • nickynoneck83
    nickynoneck83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just boil a bunch of eggs Sunday night FCC or the whole week, eat two with one slice of Bacon and a cup of coffee, its around 300 Cal lots of protein little carbs.
  • helanyhuff
    helanyhuff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Watch the cholesterol.....eggs are perfect get rid of the yoke..... :)
  • jamie_0815
    jamie_0815 Posts: 44 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My usual breakfast is about 115 Cals. Black coffee with cinnamon raisin bagel thin, spray can't believe it's not butter and a bottle of water with Mio water enhancer. And most days my lunch is about 180 Cals 4 egg whites, slice of non-fat American cheese, whole wheat toast and another bottle of water. I have the rest of my Cals at dinner and with snacks.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    helanyhuff wrote: »

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/expert-answers/cholesterol/faq-20058468

Chicken eggs are high in cholesterol, but the effect of egg consumption on blood cholesterol is minimal when compared with the effect of trans fats and saturated fats.

The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast — such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.

Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes.

But the story is different for people who have diabetes. In this ever-growing population, eating seven eggs a week significantly increases the risk of heart disease.
  • nickynoneck83
    nickynoneck83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/expert-answers/cholesterol/faq-20058468

Chicken eggs are high in cholesterol, but the effect of egg consumption on blood cholesterol is minimal when compared with the effect of trans fats and saturated fats.

The risk of heart disease may be more closely tied to the foods that accompany the eggs in a traditional American breakfast — such as the sodium in the bacon, sausages and ham, and the saturated fat or oils with trans fats used to fry the eggs and the hash browns.

Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes.

But the story is different for people who have diabetes. In this ever-growing population, eating seven eggs a week significantly increases the risk of heart disease.

What this person said .
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Normally around 300 calories. Sometimes all at once but most days a eat oatmeal early and save my yogurt or fruit for a.couple of hours. Depending on how busy my day is at work.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have an egg omelet and cheese pita every morning for breakfast. 150 calories.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »
    I have an egg omelet and cheese pita every morning for breakfast. 150 calories.

How does that come out to 150? Seems like a lot of food. Sounds yummy too.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    banana and coffee pre run ~ 100 cal

breakfast ~ 400 cal

second breakfast / morning snack ~ 200 cal
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    None. I simply can't eat in the mornings. Even the thought of food turns my stomach. So I wait until later and eat about noon or 1PM, then dinner, and usually a snack before bed.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a pastry, corn&rlce, green salad, carrot etc and they were 734 calories at total. Normally I would take around 300, but I have an appetite problem lately which I think is psychological. I will skip lunch and eat a well-nutritient dinner. I bought organic milupa baby food, which I am sure tastes horrible but well in nutritients.

Usually I have about 400 calories for breakfast. Once I had closer to 800 calories and found it didn't keep me full for much longer than my normal breakfast.
  • broncos1982
    broncos1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Read this, it will help you on how to calculate your calories: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Don't eat baby food. Take a multivitamin in the morning but you need actual food. Try a salad with diced carrots, mushrooms, ect with a vinaigrette dressing or caeser dressing. Either way you need actual food.

As far as breakfast, I eat 3 pieces of turkey bacon and it's a total of 90 calories.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Ranges from 400-700ish
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Usually I have about 400 calories for breakfast. Once I had closer to 800 calories and found it didn't keep me full for much longer than my normal breakfast.

Yes this is exactly what I realized, no matter how big my meal is I will eventually in a few hours feel hungry. So I lowered the calories for all my meals.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Only problem is the yoke had vitamins in it. Iron is in the yoke not the white. I was told the samr thing and when I was trying to get my iron levels back up I discovered that the whites have no iron :P