How much calories do you take for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I need more calories for breakfast, makes me less hungry for the rest of the day. When I have a smaller breakfast, my total intake for the day is actually larger.

500-700 calories
    2 whole eggs, 2 slices of bacon, half a cup of kefir with maple syrup, coffee. Sometimes I'll switch the bacon for another meat source. Gives me a good start on my protein goal!
  • zebras1977
    zebras1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a pastry, corn&rlce, green salad, carrot etc and they were 734 calories at total. Normally I would take around 300, but I have an appetite problem lately which I think is psychological. I will skip lunch and eat a well-nutritient dinner. I bought organic milupa baby food, which I am sure tastes horrible but well in nutritients.

Your eating baby food?

Just have a nice chicken breast with a huge side salad for dinner and then you'll still have enough calories to have some soup or a salad for lunch.
    Try not to punish yourself because you have divided your calories in a different way to the way you normally do. This has to become sustainable or you won't succeed long term.

Why not eat at maintenance level for the day? Don't be hard on yourself :)

Yes, I met a woman who eats baby food 3 times a day for her diet. She was aiming to lose weight. and she seemed healthy enough.

That sounds miserable and not sustainable at all. Life's too short to be punishing yourself by eating baby food! I love food and enjoy eating well and watching the calories.
  • CeriArthur
    CeriArthur Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just have porridge mixed with my whey protein for breakfast. :)
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    9ro8tpt87n8j.jpg

364 calories;)
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, enough protein & healthy fat... higher calories... The usual suspects!
    I will say I generally toggle between big breakfast/lighter lunch or visa versa because I find that satiating. The net calories of my breakfasts and lunches together about equals my dinners. I only have snacks if my workout schedule dictates.
  • sonyaruns
    sonyaruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    260 calories from a yogurt made with whole milk. I think the higher fat helps keep me satisfied through the morning
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I eat a cup of plain yogurt. Usually under 200 calories unless its the weekend.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    epvh3wz4dfyy.jpg
    Some kind of crustless quiche - this one is BLT 150 calories for two wedges.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Usually have a 40g serving of oatmeal with 100ml soya milk at about 200 cals, sometimes also have a slice of wholemeal toast with dairy-free spread and low sugar jam or marmalade which takes it up to about 360 cals.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    If I'm losing weight: 0 calories
    If I'm maintaining: ~200 calories
    If I'm on business travel (not my money :smile:): ~400 calories
    Weekends and I went out to Panera: ~800 calories
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    kylies1977 wrote: »
    Today I ate a pastry, corn&rlce, green salad, carrot etc and they were 734 calories at total. Normally I would take around 300, but I have an appetite problem lately which I think is psychological. I will skip lunch and eat a well-nutritient dinner. I bought organic milupa baby food, which I am sure tastes horrible but well in nutritients.

Your eating baby food?

Just have a nice chicken breast with a huge side salad for dinner and then you'll still have enough calories to have some soup or a salad for lunch.
    Try not to punish yourself because you have divided your calories in a different way to the way you normally do. This has to become sustainable or you won't succeed long term.

Why not eat at maintenance level for the day? Don't be hard on yourself :)

Yes, I met a woman who eats baby food 3 times a day for her diet. She was aiming to lose weight. and she seemed healthy enough.

That sounds miserable and not sustainable at all. Life's too short to be punishing yourself by eating baby food! I love food and enjoy eating well and watching the calories.

How many 200lb babies have you seen?!
    https://youtu.be/hNQMwA_UOTM
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I eat between 200 and 300 calories if I'm going to have breakfast at all. Often I'll skip it, have a smallish lunch, and keep the bulk of my calories for dinner and wine, though.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    epvh3wz4dfyy.jpg

Looks yum!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    130. One Fiber One brownie and a bottle of G2. My breakfast and lunch are closer than most people's, so that holds me until lunch just fine.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the meal where I get about half of my 2600 daily calories for the past year. Breakfast was important when I worked on the farm doing a lot of manual labor.

One reason was with my 40 years of IBS I would try and eat then get stabilized before leaving the house. Since my way of eating for the past year has cured my IBS I may look at eating less breakfast.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    epvh3wz4dfyy.jpg

Please share the recipe! It looks yummy. I can't get my crustless quiches below ~250cals...probably because of the cheese.
  • nickynoneck83
    nickynoneck83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think the major problem here guys are people skipping breakfast, that's just dumb.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I think the major problem here guys are people skipping breakfast, that's just dumb.

Care to elaborate on that? I'm a breakfast person now but I've done 16:8 style IF in the past and don't see a problem with eating in a different pattern than the norm.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP I think your posts of late have indicated that you have some real issues with setting and adhering to realistic, healthy caloric goals. Eating baby food for 3 meals a day, does that really sound like a good idea?

To answer your original question - my weekday breakfasts are usually either:
    Greek yogurt, coffee, flavored creamer ~250 cals
    Frozen breakfast sandwich, coffee, flavored creamer ~350 cals
    Bowl of cereal, coffee, creamer ~300 cals

Weekends we have pancakes, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon... 500-800 cals usually on those days.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    400-600 mostly yeaah
    Breakfast like i king o:)o:)