superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Set to maintenance

Chicken soup

Meds as required for symptoms

Sleep

Childcare

Wish I knew someone to hire to get them up at 4am for practice but not to many people are that stupid. I think the sleep did me good. My voice is back and I was hungry for lunch. Just going to listen to my body and do what it wants.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    I feel for you, facing a cold without the comfort of ice cream is a tough one. I would try to eat your maintenance intake, lots of tea, and take it easy. Hope you feel better soon!

Nothing wrong with ice cream. Eat it.

I think that was in regards to dairy not being a great idea while you are mucusy and coughing. It only leads to more mucus and grossness.

6164096.jpg
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Rest. You're not well.
    Let yourself heal and recover, stay hydrated and relax.

You can get back on track when you're feeling ready again :)
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    parfia wrote: »
    This is me exactly - had a rubbish couple of weeks and so ready to get back on track this week and woke up with a stinking cold!! - I did workout anyway though as I'm mad! :p

It's been raining for about 2 weeks straight here in NC so I didn't get to go out for some running. Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat, got a low-grade fever in the afternoon, and today, woke up with a small amount of coughing. I had a new ab and core exercise app yesterday too. :/
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    I have had a cold for a werk, and i think im the only person i know who is starving wgen they are sick, i also should be getting my period in the next day or 2. Whatever. Eat all the food, like seriously all of it..get better..and move on to next week.

I also get hungry when I get sick! Yesterday I ate 300 calories over my calorie goal. :/ My body was feeling weak so I figured I should eat something so I don't faint. I'm going to try to stay within today.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I never want to eat with a cold. Heck, I'm kinda hoping for a stomach bug right now. That's always good for killing the appetite. haha
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Your children have to get up at 4 am? Are these teens? Or actual little children? Either way that sounds thoroughly brutal!
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    Hockey players 13 and 15 they practice before school.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need a rest. You can't carpool with other players a few mornings?
  • superhockeymom
    Options
    It's really hard with the equipment.