Food to stay away from ?

Options
124»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I hope the "real cheese" isn't as blatantly false as the "Hot & Spicy."

They definitely aren't hot, but they are tasty. To be fair, I haven't found a chip or cracker that is actually spicy. Even most "hot" sauces and salsas are just a bit tingly at best.

I am crazy for heat and Taki makes a little chip that is actually hot. I can't remember the name -- I haven't seen them since I left Arizona.
  • random5483
    random5483 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn to have a deficit. Eating healthy and weight loss are not one and the same. Removing some foods from your diet make it easier to keep within your calorie allocation, however. For me, small things like removing soda and controlling portions have helped me keep within my calorie allocation without feeling hungry.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Sugar - public enemy #1
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Oreos but I could never not eat 8 or 9 of them so I stopped buying them a long time ago
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    1. Bread
    2. Potatoes
    3. Pasta
    4. Grains
    5. Starchy vegetables and
    6. Sugar.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    How does bacon make any list that does not start with foods that make you happy?

I can honestly say I can't ever remember being happy because of bacon.

What about the film babe?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    helga5200 wrote: »
    Hey I've been trying to get my diet going! And it's actually going pretty well! I'm trying to lose some weight and I've been reading all kinds of blogs and articals about what NOT to eat. Someone will say nobody should ever eat bacon but than another one will say it can actually do you some good. But what I was wondering was, What are the top 5 things/food you stay away from when you're trying to lose weight?

1. I have reduced the amount of things like crackers, chips or bread that I eat because I'd rather use my calories for other foods. I still eat them just much less.
    2. I eat smaller portions of higher calorie foods and larger portions of lower calorie foods- often pairing the higher calorie food with a salad or other vegetables- like a burger with a salad instead of fries.
    3. I choose to drink mostly water or unsweetened teas and save my calories for food. This isn't a big deal for me. I prefer water most of the time.
    4. I avoid things like diet pills, detox teas, or shakes. I just eat real food like normal.
    5. I try not to eat directly out of containers. I portion out my food into a dish.
    I haven't changed the kind of food I eat much. I've added more foods to my diet than I avoid.

Stay away from foods you don't like/that don't taste good.
    You don't have to eat unprocessed foods to lose weight. You can if you want but it isn't necessary for weight loss. Calories are calories. I think the best advice is to eat in a way while losing weight in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life.
    If you can't give up bacon forever then don't. Figure out the right portion size for you and fit it in your calorie goal regularly.
    Eat foods you like that fit your calorie goal. Protein, fats, and fiber can help you feel full and satisfied so try to get foods with those things. Eating several servings of fruits or vegetables a day is a pretty good idea.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Avocados, sweet potatoes and celery. Because they're gross.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't eat yellow snow.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Avocados, sweet potatoes and celery. Because they're gross.

Avocados!!! I'm deleting you from my friend's list! LOL
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Oreos but I could never not eat 8 or 9 of them so I stopped buying them a long time ago

Oh that is me as well but I have to buy them they are
    My sons favorites. The seasonal are the best
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kale...it's just tastes nasty. Stay away from it. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat all the things but I don't keep real peanut butter in my apartment. I've tried to eat it in moderation a couple times but I couldn't and it kept jacking up my deficit.

I actually TRY to eat bacon because I love to eat high volume, therefore lots of lean meat/low fat, and I use the bacon to help me hit my fat macro.