Ladies...

Options
Do you keep to the same workouts during your Periods? And do you keep the same calorie intake number during aunt flo's visit?

Replies

• miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I keep the same calories, but I admit I let my work outs slip.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I keep everything the same
  • MiSo_SeXy
    MiSo_SeXy Posts: 210 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I'm already sore from my work out last night plus the cramping from nature... Ugh I think I'll probably end up half assing my work outs this week too... I just hope it doesn't set me back..

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I eat more treats the first 2 days or so and then am less hungry for the next few days.

I can't work out when it really hits, no. I have endometriosis and it's always a test of fortitude itself during those 2-3 days that it's flared up. I take a ton of Rx pain meds, too, but wow it's just extremely painful. I don't feel guilty a bit about not working out. If I manage to ride-mow, I'm thrilled!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes ... my only concessions are to take some tylenol before I work out and wear two pairs of spandex shorts as I cannot wear certain *ahem* feminine products so the double spandex keeps things in place :) A little TMI, sorry!

I end up working out more because my hormones REALLY like being fed! I eat and eat for about 2-3 days so I need the exercise compensation.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I let myself off the gym or running on the first day or two if I feel faint or sick, and I let myself eat a bit more if I want, but I still go for a walk and I don't go crazy calorie-wise. I normally just plan my week around it. So if I know I'm due on the Monday, I eat a few less calories the weekend before and plan my workouts so I can take Tuesday off without disrupting anything.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I feel better after working out.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Same exercise for me. Once every few months I'll have a day when I feel weak but that generally only shows up in the middle of a workout, not beforehand. I just lower the weight and continue.

I usually eat around 200 calories extra for a couple of days. After that my appetite decreases a ton and I find that's the best time for me to cut calories.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I keep my exercises mostly the same, but I avoid core workouts like sit-ups and the like.
    And yeah, I'll treat myself to an extra piece of chocolate or six.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    MiSo_SeXy wrote: »
    Do you keep to the same workouts during your Periods? And do you keep the same calorie intake number during aunt flo's visit?

Yes, absolutely. Just add Tylenol :smiley: Skip the chocolate.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i do, but i do usually take it a little easier.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I tend to keep things the same and sometimes take tylenol or ibuprofen before a workout if I'm not feeling well.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I'm already sore from my work out last night plus the cramping from nature... Ugh I think I'll probably end up half assing my work outs this week too... I just hope it doesn't set me back..

You should be hitting different muscles than those you worked previously, so that shouldn't be an issue. Cramping an inflammation can be reduced by adding turmeric into your diet! It's a weird one, but turmeric has lots of great properties :) If you are a smoothie/protein shake fan I recommend adding some in general, but a little more while you're menstruating.
    If you don't have issues with pain killers, I'd definitely take some ibuprofen and/or paracetamol.

However, at the end of the day a short or even "half assed" work out is better than no workout! :trollface:
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mostly. Sometimes I take the work out a bit easier and I'll eat back more of my exercise calories because the HUNGER!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Business as usual. Keeps the cramps from leaving me doubled over.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Yes.

BTW - interesting thing I've noticed about me ... when I am heavier, I get the day-before cravings and increased appetite. But when I'm lighter I don't. About 3 months ago I had lost enough weight for those cravings and the increased appetite to disappear. :)

• ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I usually keep my workouts and calorie intake the same, business as usual. The only exception I make is that my lower back gets achy during my cycle and if I'm in a phase of very heavy strength exercises that hit the lower back, such as deadlifts using 90-95% of my 1RM, I adjust by lowering the weight and increase reps and rest as needed to compensate.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Workouts stay the same. Not gonna let stupid hormones and tampons and cramps get in the way of my training.

I try to keep my calories in check but honestly, I don't eat the same amount of calories every day anyway. I just eat in a general deficit and cross my fingers that I'll lose some weight.