Throughly Annoyed at my Inability to Binge Properly

Options
Just posting an odd little ray of sunshine for those of you afraid of backsliding.

I have lost around 50lbs and yesterday in a fit of feeling sorry for myself (I'm stalled, yep I know why) I decided to say "Screw it! I'm eating a tub of ice cream!"

So I went to the store and bough a carton of chocolate chip cookie dough. NOM.

Went home, put on Time Team (I'm a nerd, shaddup) and tucked into my gallon or so of ice cream.

10 spoonfuls in and I was done. Full. Binge done.

WTF? In my hay day I could have polished that thing off but my body would have none of it. It was too sweet and there was too much of it.

I repeat: THERE WAS TOO MUCH ICE CREAM. This is simply unheard of.

So I threw it away. No need to have it sitting in the freezer mocking me.

So here's the lesson guys/gals. Even if you fall of the wagon those good habits you spent months building just don't go away, they are there under the surface waiting to come up again. Here's to hoping I can excavate mine!

Replies

• rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've had similar moments recently! I had a particularly bad day and decided, eff it, I'm eating everything in sight!

I ate a single serving of potato chips. :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with this post is that you THREW PERFECTLY GOOD ICE CREAM AWAY???

That, my friend, is heresy.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    The only problem I have with this post is that you THREW PERFECTLY GOOD ICE CREAM AWAY???

+1 :'(

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Great thread title and OP :)

Go you!

I've noticed the same thing about sugar - I can eat far less of it now. It now feels too sweet to me too.
  • LVLFgirl13
    LVLFgirl13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    YES!!

Great job!! Awesome post!!! :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It was just sitting there! Mocking me!
    I would have kept it if the others in my house liked ice cream but my husband is indifferent and the 3yo always asks me to "heat up" his ice cream so it's just me. Me and that terrible awful ice cream.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

exactly...lol
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

qsogxwo5mzw7.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eh. Yesterday I had one of those 'screw it' moment. Still managed to eat 2 servings of ice cream and 3 cookies.

I mean, sure, I used to eat a whole pint of ice cream and the whole pack of cookies, but that still put me 600 calories over maintenance (which isn't a huge deal, obviously, as it's not even 2 days of deficit).

So yeah I wish I had that problem.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Eh. Yesterday I had one of those 'screw it' moment. Still managed to eat 2 servings of ice cream and 3 cookies.

I mean, sure, I used to eat a whole pint of ice cream and the whole pack of cookies, but that still put me 600 calories over maintenance (which isn't a huge deal, obviously, as it's not even 2 days of deficit).

So yeah I wish I had that problem.

I think you do!
    You used to be able to eat a pint, now you can't. You used to be able to eat a whole pack of cookies, but you can't.
    That's progress I think!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    That's really great! :) I hope I get there one day.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Have you tried using 2 spoons at a time? Just spitballing here, but maybe if you added some chocolate syrup, you could have crammed more in. I really think you're underachieving, but you're brave for talking about it openly. I support you, OP. 100%. You can do it!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! I've done similar, i'm going to go eat X and barely go over calories for the day. My stomach cannot handle so much and to all those people that say it doesn't stretch or shrink I say HA. I would be miserable if I attempted to eat the amount of food I ate in the past. An entire large pizza!? gag me with a spoon.....
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    love this post!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Have you tried using 2 spoons at a time? Just spitballing here, but maybe if you added some chocolate syrup, you could have crammed more in. I really think you're underachieving, but you're brave for talking about it openly. I support you, OP. 100%. You can do it!

Alice-In-Wonderland-I-See-What-You-Did-There.jpg
  • lauli22
    lauli22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

AHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to eat a whole row of oreos in one day....now I can't eat more than 3. They just seem too sweet to me now.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a screw it moment but I did have a Sunday dinner that I needed to eat much more than normal as I was way low for the week. I had a tooth extraction and it limited my food intake for a couple days.
    I decided to go out to my favorite bar and order the "Sample Platter." Fill of fried yummy goodness (onions rings, chicken wings, fried shrimp, fried chicken fingers, and more).
    The cook had told me at a prior visit the whole thing was about 2000 calories. I was ready to gorge. I needed those 2000 calories for the week. Or so I thought....
    After consuming about 25% of it I had had enough. I could not eat another bite. My limit was 500 calories. I decided not to take it home for leftovers as I really didn't think I would be eating that much fried goodness for a week or so. It would have spoiled.
    I blew $13 on something I could previously consume and realized I had changed during these 14 weeks.
    It was a happy feeling that evening and decided I had conditioned myself in this one aspect of my previous eating habits.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Got In my car to get a BIG bowl of froyo the other day. Started it, sat there for about 5 mins, then got out and realized I'd rather have a big sweet potato with almond butter instead of the froyo lol. It's weird how your mentality and taste buds change towards things when you become healthier!