Getting tattoos done and can't go to gym

Options
13»

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Nice tats, but 2 weeks off for that is quite funny & very much overkill.
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'd stay off gym equipment for a solid week or two. Some seriously nasty stuff in there for an open wound, I've watched people take a dump and walk out of the bathroom and right over to the weights without washing their hands (people are seriously so gross sometimes). Stick to workouts at home, and even then keep it low key if you can. The first and possibly the second day after getting one I would take it easy and not workout. After that you are ok, but definitely make sure whatever you are doing isn't going to stretch, pull, or rub on the skin of wherever you got your tattoo or it could mess up the tat. Excessive sweating will also mess up the healing process, so keep your workout intensity pretty low if you choose to try and workout. A few days off from the gym won't derail your progress, but you will be mad if you mess up your tat, that will be there literally forever.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Update: Ive acually lost some weight and finally got my period during these past four days.(I was 3 months late) I guess skipping the gym does the body good once in a while, especially when you go 6x a week xD
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Update: Ive acually lost some weight and finally got my period during these past four days.(I was 3 months late) I guess skipping the gym does the body good once in a while, especially when you go 6x a week xD

Umm, please see a doctor. That a sign of too much dieting and exercise.