Coffee

Options
Does coffee do anything to help with weight loss?

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It keeps me from going on a murderous rampage...

Going to jail may help me with weight loss... so I guess the answer is no, coffee does not help with weight loss..

lol
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Speeds up the metabolism, slightly, lowers hunger, slightly. Helps with energy, slightly.

You can see where this is going.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Speeds up the metabolism, slightly, lowers hunger, slightly. Helps with energy, slightly.

Only slightly
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Only slightly

Right. It may help a little bit, but it won't hurt.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    No, I'm afraid it doesn't have any significant weight loss properties. It does make me less stabby though.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    For me, it keeps me from eating an extra snack between breakfast and lunch. I may be hungry right about now, but I'll pour myself another cup of coffee and will make it through until lunchtime.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    It makes me happy. I don't care about everything else!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    not really...but it's delicious.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    not really...but it's delicious.

^^^^this
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    No, I'm afraid it doesn't have any significant weight loss properties. It does make me less stabby though.

:laugh: Me too! :laugh:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    it's been helping me to not snack when i don't need to. It also helps me not want to run to starbucks and buy a 5 dollar, mostly milk drink.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Only slightly

Unless you add cream or sugar etc :p
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Wot 'e sed.

Caffeine mobilises fatty acid so can be useful before exercise.

Of course, if you have full fat milk and three sugars in a weak coffee, you might as well eat a cake instead.

An aside: having someone pull out a knife on you also mobilises fatty acid. I'm free Thursdays if you want to experiment with "fight or flight" as a way of burning fat. :noway: :laugh:
  • cmstraut
    cmstraut Posts: 15
    Options
    I also agree with several other comments. I drink my large coffee through out the morning, which prevents me from snacking or eating lunch too early. In the afternoon, it is a way to NOT go to Starbucks :happy:
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It keeps me from going on a murderous rampage...

Going to jail may help me with weight loss... so I guess the answer is no, coffee does not help with weight loss..

lol
    I reached my highest weight in jail. All you do is eat all day. I would order massive amounts of mac n cheese, donuts, chocolate, candy, honey buns, etc. Spending 20 hours a day in a cell doesn't help. I was bored so I would just mindlessly eat and eat and eat.

So yes, coffee can help with weight loss.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

^ This. Well this, and the fact that I can't function without it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    They say it is good to have before a workout.

There's good coffee (French press, grinding your own beans). Great for antioxidants and diabetes prevention. 1 cup/day suggested.

There's bad coffee: a 600 calorie coffee drink oozing with chemicals and fake stuff.
  • Onesnap
    Options

^ This. Well this, and the fact that I can't function without it.

Yes, I should add that it's my drug delivery system of choice.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Only slightly

Unless you add cream or sugar etc :p

Actually organic cream and one sugar is not really a bad choice. I've never been overweight (nor has my hubby) so it seems to work for us. Still a low calorie drink choice and antioxidants and diabetes prevention makes 1 cup/day a smart choice.

Saying "unless you add cream or sugar" is really not accurate. A little bit of organic cream and one sugar packet is not a bad way to go.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IN!!!!!!!!!