89 lbs and feeling confident

Options
13»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Have there been any foods that you really loved the flavour/texture? You might try a mindfulness exercise where you eat it very slowly and absorb yourself fully in the experience. This will anchor the memory and help you anticipate eating it again.

This is a great idea for everyone, not just OP. I like to teach my kid about savoring food and experimenting with flavors. We get really good cheese and eat it with fruit, talking about how it tastes and feels, how the taste changes when you eat the cheese with a grape versus an apple. It helps him practice his vocabulary and self-expression plus we get to eat good cheese! Win-win!

High, five, dude!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I bet a Dr. Pepper float would taste really good. Maybe with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hiya also trying to gain good for adding in foods without adding bulk so you dont feel way to full is cook with coconut oileg roast potatoes veg frying omelette stir fryect, add oil dressings to salads an sprinkle on seeds, avocado a good one stir peanut butter in to porridge,on toast (with jam yum) and smoothies, seeds on soup hand full of nuts and whatbyum is peanut butter on a apple or banana x
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey lady. I have gone up and down in weight, thought naturally I am very petite. Most of my life standing about about 5'5 I've been around 105 pounds. It's so easy for me to look at the clock and say "what the heck? It's three and I haven't eaten yet!".
    With weight training and a meal plan I've happily gained 20 pounds. I lost it again this year, but am back on track gaining and training since last week. I set timers on my phone and NEVER miss breakfast. If I eat early, I'm hungry enough to eat again around 10, and still able to get in a full lunch a couple hours later.
    Btw try to avoid drinking water before big meals, it will make you feel bloated And full!
  • KissiMeow
    KissiMeow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Carb up! I'm a skinny girl too and being vegan didn't make my weight gaining goal any easier but I realised that I just needed to eat more, more, more and some more!

Yes eating every three (3) hours can be a pain in the behind, cause if you're not use to it you feel stuffed but there's something for that. Digestive enzymes are your friend, find a reputable brand and take it's recommend dosage with each meal and that helps things along.

Also we need to keep things moving downstairs, we want gains without looking prego, so as you wake up drink a nice lukewarm glass or two (2) of water and have a seat on the throne. Being regular is paramount to feeling awesome :smile:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

She doesnt have an eating disorder just because she doesnt eat a lot. -_- She is trying to eat more.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    karaceason wrote: »
    Yeah yall are right I am trying to get there way to fast and yes I ate like a freaking starving jungle child in 1 hour and now I'm miserable lol .i have never felt this full in my life . But honestly I can feel a difference in my stomach it's so full I can't feel my bones which ROCKS . I already feel thick and fabulous LOL

Your positive attitude is contagious. :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

She doesnt have an eating disorder just because she doesnt eat a lot. -_- She is trying to eat more.

She said she Hates her body in her OP and only weighs 89 pounds. How is this not helpful suggesting she needs to seek outside help. There is no shame with a little therapy to get head your head in the right space.

• thefamilyofroe
    thefamilyofroe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    POWERHOUSE SMOOTHIE
    1 shake: 926 calories, 58g protein, 105g carbs, 38.4g fat
    This is my favourite 2-minute meal and is a solid choice at any time of day, except right before bed. The casein protein digests slowly and steadily, as do the oats, the milk and the olive oil. The olive oil doesn’t really add much to the favour, but it’s the best source of monounsaturated fat out there, and most of us get far too little of it in our daily diet. This shake is also pretty high in healthy carbohydrates, which us skinny people need a ton of when trying to pack on muscle. Even better, the smoothie packs 926 calories and is pretty easy, quick and enjoyable to guzzle down—great for the faint of appetite (me).
    INGREDIENTS
    • 60g chocolate casein
    • 1 cup frozen berries
    • 2 bananas
    • 30g oatmeal
    • 6oz 2% milk
    • 2 tbsp olive oil
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1 Blend all the ingredients together—with the exception of the casein protein powder
    2 When the smoothie is properly blended add in the casein and mildly blend it a little bit more. Smoothies can get a little poofy and light if you blend the protein too much
  • thefamilyofroe
    thefamilyofroe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also stay away from cardio type exercise, it uses up far too many calories (which you need at this point in your goal). If you do any type of exercise make it strength training. With the right diet and strength training plan you'll go from scrawny to sexy beast in no time.

"We become what we do, become healthy"
  • JazminPeck
    JazminPeck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am very familiar with that feeling. I used to weigh 90lbs soak and wet. Now I am 128 eith only an 12% body fat. I lift Heavy at least 4 times a week. Trust me with us being naturally small it wont be easy. (I feel like it would be easier to loose weight that it has been to gain.) ppl look at me everyday and are amazed at how strong i am for my size. Start now get yourself and educated trainer. Read read read. And start pushing yourself. You will not regret it. If you ever have ?s instram me. My_soul_splatter. Best of luck hunny.
  • wjohnsweet
    wjohnsweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yall I'm already at 959 calories by 12 pm !!!!! Lol and it's way easier today than it was yesterday ! Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement !! I'm feeling great today gzlnas55duba.jpg
    Yall I'm already at 959 calories by 12 pm !!!!! Lol and it's way easier today than it was yesterday ! Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement !! I'm feeling great today gzlnas55duba.jpg

• wjohnsweet
    wjohnsweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 95lb and my goal is 115,I used to eat less then 1000 calories daily,so I started this goal 4days a go ,it's really hard but what is helping me is the ensure plus shakes it has 350 calories and is only 8oz so I'm not full for the rest of my meals :)
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

She said she Hates her body in her OP and only weighs 89 pounds. How is this not helpful suggesting she needs to seek outside help. There is no shame with a little therapy to get head your head in the right space.
    It's not always helpful to jump to the conclusion that someone may have an eating disorder and that they 'need' to seek professional help. It can hit people in the same way as calling someone 'fat' when they are overweight or calling someone 'skinny' when they are underweight. It's not uncommon for people to under eat, just because someone says they hate their body and weigh 89lbs does not point to an eating disorder. The OP clearly wants to gain weight and doesn't seem to have an issue with disorganized thoughts about food. Many of us get into the habit of eating little and your body does get used to it over time. It reaches a point where that is normality and turning it around can be a pain in the behind. Hating your body is also quite normal for many people and that thought isn't always a bad thing as it can drive us to make the change. Six months ago when I started seriously using MFP I was crazy underweight and hated my body, now I'm packing on the pounds and just dislike my body... still have a way to go lol.

Now back to the topic. @karaceason Glad to see you are getting into it. It does take a bit of time and some forcing the issue but you'll get there :smile:
  • banannerbelle
    banannerbelle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How healthy you are and how you feel is what matters most! Definitely have fun with indulgent foods, but I'd focus on foods that are nutritious rather than sugary and processed calories. I agree, increase calories slowly!

Try cooking with healthy, calorie-rich oils: avocado, sesame, coconut, olive. Steel-cut oatmeal is pretty calorically dense. Cheese. Some Greek yogurts can pack 250+ calories per cup, so that's one way to sneak in more bang for your buck! Granola is actually very calorie-dense. Certain sausages can also pack in the calories (Costco dog, anyone?!)
    Avocados, nuts, and seeds; nut and seed butters. Try a Pediasure? Or, as others have said, smoothies. Bodybuilding bars are great too. Anything you eat, think about adding in extras like these.
    More nutrient-dense veggie options: starchy veggies like yams and sweet potatos, carrots, peas, corn.