Do you have hungry days?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, YES. I also have days where I'm really not all that hungry at all. On the hungry days, I eat more. On the less hungry days, I eat less. Sometimes a lot more or less.

A period is a huge deal with wanting more (before) and less (after it starts.) I'm guessing that isn't an issue for you, lol, but I'm sure there are reasons for all the hungrier and less hungry days. :)

For someone just beginning their weight loss journey, it might not be a great idea to follow their hunger. But once you've been at this a while and learn more about your body, following your hunger isn't a bad thing to try. Go with it, see how you do. You can always adjust as you go. :)
  • j9x794
    j9x794 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you track weekly or monthly average calories? I do, on paper. I notice that my hunger goes through cycles depending on my hormones. During ovulation it's usually 200 ish calories over and during my period I have no appetite and am about 200 calories under. It all works out in the end. Plus my weight loss never corresponds to the calorie intake. I guess other things mask it.

Exactly the same thing is happening to me!
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Is it true hunger or craving food? If you go to the kitchen and nothing healthy looks good to you then it's more than likely not hunger. Now if the oreos and ice cream get you excited....it's more of a craving. I try very hard not to give in to cravings because they often lead to binges for me. Try eating 100 calories of good protein and wait 30 minutes. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Every day.

Oh good, it's not just me then

Nope. I'm struggling!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I find if I carb load earlier in the day, I want to feed constantly. Try protein and fat only in the mornings and see if that helps.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes! 'Regular' hunger for me creeps in late between meals (thank you: I needed that info... I will give you a meal soon, or a healthy snack if a meal is impractical) or after about 9 pm (thank you: you did a good job on the food I gave you today! Tomorrow there will be more food...) On hungry days that feeling is more persistent & less easy to satisfy. Once I've ruled out other issues (Thirsty? Drink this water... Bored? You can read a book, or go outside for a wander... Jealous? Let's plan a date for you to enjoy a little pizza too... Anxious? Let's think about that a bit...) I provide a small additional amount of nutrient rich food! Otherwise, your body doesn't have a dignified way to let you know this important information. It might be fighting off a bug or healing an underlying injury or have encountered an absorption mishap with the food you provided. I give myself something nutrient rich & compact without added sugars or fats and move on. We're a team & I want my body & I to communicate this way.
  • AMSmit88
    AMSmit88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Every day.

Oh good, it's not just me then

Nope. I'm struggling!

It's such a struggle at the moment. And my deficit is tiny which is depressing *le sigh*
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I find if I carb load earlier in the day, I want to feed constantly. Try protein and fat only in the mornings and see if that helps.

Think I will give this a go and see if that helps. It's always worth playing around to find out what works.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Yup, the more carbs I eat the more I want to eat.
  • norafinnland
    norafinnland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To start with: WOW look what you've accomplished :) WOW WOW WOW! It'll go away... Having it sometimes, too... But you're strongwilled otherwise 2lbs and you wouldn't mind... But you do so you'll get there. I'm sure!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I think everyone gets hungry sometimes. I try to eat foods with a very high satiety index--it helps. Oatmeal with cottage cheese, eggs or protein pancakes for breakfast, for example, with at least 4 servings of fruit/veggies throughout the day as snacks or part of meals. If I'm hungry, I drink a glass of water, pull out a book, and wait. If I'm hungry 30 minutes after drinking the water, I eat a cheese stick. That usually works.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry all the time. It gets annoying really fast.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    It seems every time I'm about to break thru a plateau I go thru a day where I'm absolutely starving, and can't seem to satisfy the hunger...
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It seems every time I'm about to break thru a plateau I go thru a day where I'm absolutely starving, and can't seem to satisfy the hunger...

Me too!