Cheat day

Options
2»

Replies

• alannacaveney
    alannacaveney Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with a cheat meal 2-3 times a week (but still using portion control and MFP to make yourself accountable) or planning a treat into your day for myself personally rather than avoiding it completely until a certain day. I found when I followed a strict diet and exercise plan, where my then trainer made Sundays cheat days on my meal plan, I found myself putting (small amounts of each, but it adds the heck up) a lot of not so healthy stuff back into my body to make up, in a way, for missing out all week. That entire way of life was not for me, fell apart pretty quickly, and I gained it all back. I don't like to be told what I can and can't do (and this began showing itself in my eating). For example, today I ate very well, stuck to my portions and my KJ allowance, put myself on the treadmill to do some interval training, even though it's a Saturday, leaving me with allowance for ice cream and a protein muffin for dessert. I don't have dessert a lot anymore, so this makes my day - and knowing I'm not 'blowing the budget' is even better!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    All that matters is your calorie deficit/maintenance/surplus.

How that comes about, and the semantics of such, are simply personal preference.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Cheat day. What's everyone's opinion? Are they required? Or do they wreck a weeks dieting.

They are definitely not required.

I didn't have a single one in my first 4 months ... and then I reached my first goal. :)

Cheat days are how I got here in the first place ... ate well all week, lost a bit of weight, ate a lot on weekends, gained it all back and then some.