Oh. My. God. Baaaad day.

Options
2»

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Alright, I'll bite. I'm confused.... You knew you were going to a wedding and left yourself no calories to eat dinner? Entree selection aside, you ate lettuce and drank water? And are feeling guilty?

This doesn't make sense to me. I went to nine weddings this season and never once logged in under my calorie goal. I still maintained my weight. One day is not going to break you. Log and move on.

I sent the RSVP for the wedding WITH MY MENU SELECTION months ago (they sent menus out with the invitation & asked us to pick our meal ahead of time). I only started this on Friday so I'm still very new & bumbling my way through.

I understand that part...but what did you do the day of the wedding? You still could have left yourself calories to eat more than lettuce and water. My concern is that eating lettuce and water should not make you feel guilty. You should be able to enjoy a wedding without it being such an awful day.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The only bad part of that day is that you gave away your starter and dessert. Are you going to be going to weddings 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

I'm going to guess the answer to that is no, so eat in line with your weight loss targets and then when you do have a special occasion, enjoy it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, no one is attempting to criticize you.

We've all just started out at some point and we knew far less back then than we do now (whether we started 3 years ago or 3 weeks ago). When I first started, I was under the impression that if I wasn't eating chicken and veggies or a salad I was doing it wrong. I was eating very low calories during the week, exercising a lot, and it wasn't sustainable for me. I ended up binging on the weekends and getting no where with my weight loss.

Luckily, I stuck around the boards and learned a lot from people who have been very successful around here. Here are some tips that hopefully will be helpful for you:
    • There is no such thing as "bad" foods. Your focus should be on whole, nutrient dense foods, but you can work in foods that are more calorie dense. Just work on eating smaller portions.
    • Life happens. You can plan all sorts of things, but something will go wrong. Learning to adapt is important. Not that planing isn't important as well, but you have to be able to think on your feet.
    • Events will happen. They luckily aren't everyday. But friends and family should remain important to you, as should enjoying yourself. It is difficult to laugh and have fun with everyone when all you are doing is thinking about the calories in everything around you.
    • You can plan for events you know are coming up. Eat 100-200 calories less than your daily goal the week before your event; then you can splurge a little at your event.
    • If you do splurge, expect the weight gain on the scale. I can see a 3-8lb jump after a day of extravagance. I know it's not fat gain; it's just water. It will fall off over the following week.