What are your goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I would love to start travelling around the world but I need to save up money haha! That will be hard work for me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    KT_3009 wrote: »
    I would love to start travelling around the world but I need to save up money haha! That will be hard work for me

If you're under 30, you may be able to get work on a Working Holiday visa. That option disappears once you turn 30.

• pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    - Get to Onederland as my first short-term weight goal (almost there!)
    - Successfully finish PT for my Achilles tendon (halfway through, huge improvement)
    - Ride the exercise bike/walk treadmill for at least 30 minutes without aggravating my Achilles, my artificial hip, or my CFS
    - Progress to an actual outdoor bike ride/walk on rail trail
    - Steadily increase strength and endurance as I move toward a healthy weight
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thought it would be motivating and nice to see what other people's goals are on MFP and in general life..
    My goals are - to lose 25-30 pounds
    - keep up with my exercise
    - increase my water intake
    - increase my veggies and fruit intake
    - gain confidence and be happy with myself :)
    List yours below :)

10 more lbs! Hoping it comes off before Christmas, or my birthday which is close to it. :)
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    -Be skinny for my exotic vacation in the spring!!!
    On vacation this year I was by far the fattest person, female or male, young or old, on the entire beach. I never want that heartbreaking and humiliating experience again.

-Lose at the very least, 60lbs
    -Get into shape for my new laborer job
    -Get into my size 5 wardrobe
    -Never, ever go back to my old eating habits!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Lose another 3.9kg (8.5 lbs) by the end of the year. At that point I will have lost 50% of my starting weight.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to eventually get back to 70kgs (I haven't weighed that little in five years), reassess, then if desirable go down to 65kg. The reassessment is because I thought I was really fat when I weighed 70kg last time, and clearly my thinking was a little skewed.

I've just tipped down under 100kg for the first time in a long time, so I've still got quite a way to go. Not giving up, though. If I want to keep skating for as long as possible, I need to make life as easy for my knees and hips as I can.
  • KT_3009
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

If you're under 30, you may be able to get work on a Working Holiday visa. That option disappears once you turn 30.

That would be such an amazing experience! :) I might look into it
  • KT_3009
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I'm aiming to eventually get back to 70kgs (I haven't weighed that little in five years), reassess, then if desirable go down to 65kg. The reassessment is because I thought I was really fat when I weighed 70kg last time, and clearly my thinking was a little skewed.

I've just tipped down under 100kg for the first time in a long time, so I've still got quite a way to go. Not giving up, though. If I want to keep skating for as long as possible, I need to make life as easy for my knees and hips as I can.

You can do it!! Keep motivated and be determined :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

You can do it!! Keep motivated and be determined :)

Definitely! Every time I go to practice I get an extra dose of determination. "Imagine how much easier this will be when you're lighter and stronger", I tell myself. I'm sure my knees will appreciate me not trying to haul 100+kg of butt into the air and land it again too!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Short term-

Lose 14 more lbs to get to healthy BMI (began with a BMI in the mid-upper 40's somewhere)

Reduce avg calorie intake from 1700 to 1500. My weight loss has slowed to a little less than 1lb a week, a rate I tried to be okay with given the trade-off of getting to keep eating more food, but the slow rate annoys me way too much. Feeling hungry is also pretty annoying though, so I guess we'll see which kind of 'annoying' I'm willing to put up with. :p

Pick up my dumbbells for a reason other than to get them out of the way when I vacuum.

And as always, hit my step goals.