Help please I'm stuck at a plateau

Options
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome my Dr kind of treats me as he would a diabetic patient. I have to watch my carb intake. Now this app has me at 1200 calories but I try to do 1000. I can't eat that much. Only nothing is changing. I have been doing insanity for 5 weeks and before that I did cize for 4 weeks and before that I did hop hop abs for 4 weeks. In the beginning I lost like 4 lbs. Since then nothing No inches either. I'm a bit frustrated. I know the pcos makes it harder but any advice? Also looking for a low carb protien powder but the ones I found taste horrible.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting?. Do you use a food scale?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Chances are you are eating more than 1000 or 1200 because at your current weight you would be losing pounds. Make sure you are using a food scale and logging everything you eat. If you are eating your exercise calories back then try trimming that down.
  • shortthiing
    shortthiing Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How accurate is your calorie counting?. Do you use a food scale?

I have been weighing and measuring to a t. And most of the time I have to fake add calories at the end of the day because it won't let me complete without 1000 and I'm usually around 850 900. My husband is shedding weight doing this with me.
  • shortthiing
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Chances are you are eating more than 1000 or 1200 because at your current weight you would be losing pounds. Make sure you are using a food scale and logging everything you eat. If you are eating your exercise calories back then try trimming that down.

I even log in my vitamin supplements and if I have a stick of gum. I'm not adding it wrong or forgetting anything.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

it would help people here.

95069916.png
  • shortthiing
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My Dr wanted me to try and loose the weight naturally but it's not going to well. My friends have all tried to keep up with my exercise routine and diet and all failed. Idk what else to do and I'm not big enough to go under the knife. I am 5ft at 155lbs I'm size 11 jeans so not horrible but yes over weight. Also I started this app because I wanted that extra help. I got strict with logging it a little over 2 mths ago. Thank God for this app it does help keep it organized better
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

95069916.png

If she's adding food/calories she's not eating as she stated above it wouldn't be that useful or acurate.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It is much more important to use your diary accurately than to be able to hit the little "close out today" button at the bottom of it.

If you are eating 800 calories a day and doing the workouts you claim, I am more surprised than anything that you haven't felt light headed and/or passed out.

Try a resistance (strength) training program to help you maintain your muscles.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

95069916.png

If she's adding food/calories she's not eating as she stated above it wouldn't be that useful or acurate.

Actually it could still be useful.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    you have been working out along time but how long has it been since u starting logging your food?
  • shortthiing
    Options
    you have been working out along time but how long has it been since u starting logging your food?

2 mths on logging my food. I used to just eyeball but since about 2 mths ago I liked the idea of logging it. Thought I would see what needs fixed
  • shortthiing
    Options
    It is much more important to use your diary accurately than to be able to hit the little "close out today" button at the bottom of it.

If you are eating 800 calories a day and doing the workouts you claim, I am more surprised than anything that you haven't felt light headed and/or passed out.

Try a resistance (strength) training program to help you maintain your muscles.

Actually yesterday started getting dizzy and my friend flipped out on my over it
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My Dr wanted me to try and loose the weight naturally but it's not going to well. My friends have all tried to keep up with my exercise routine and diet and all failed. Idk what else to do and I'm not big enough to go under the knife. I am 5ft at 155lbs I'm size 11 jeans so not horrible but yes over weight. Also I started this app because I wanted that extra help. I got strict with logging it a little over 2 mths ago. Thank God for this app it does help keep it organized better

how do you feel about walking at a fast pace?

I have been walking at a cardio pace every day for a half hour to an hour (some times longer), and in the past 10 months or so I have lost 53 lbs., and I just ball park my calories every day.

Also, do you have an activity tracker?

They are great motivational tools, and they are what got me started.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

95069916.png

Actually it could still be useful.

Yes, @shortthiing, please do change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • shortthiing
    Options
    bcalvanese wrote: »

how do you feel about walking at a fast pace?

I have been walking at a cardio pace every day for a half hour to an hour (some times longer), and in the past 10 months or so I have lost 53 lbs., and I just ball park my calories every day.

Also, do you have an activity tracker?

They are great motivational tools, and they are what got me started.

Actually in the process of finding an activity tracker. I do walk about 3 days a week for a mile I have a tracker on my phone but isn't the best
  • shortthiing
    Options
    I think it's public now
    I know I'm not the perfect health diary but dang should be something and all I drink is water I carry a the big Bubba mug of ice water and refill it through the day. I mean something should be dropping :/
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »

I even log in my vitamin supplements and if I have a stick of gum. I'm not adding it wrong or forgetting anything.

But you are not losing weight, so the most obviously place to start is checking the logging. Nothing wrong with that. You can unknowingly use wrong entry's that are off etc.
    There are 1000's of wrong entry's in the data base.

For example.

you say also you measure...measuring can be highly inaccurate also.
    look at this small video which is good for a couple of hundred NOT calculated calories because the food is measured and not weighed out. Now have a small deficit ( like me) you wipe out your deficit pretty fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Just examples but i try to help OP, your decision :)

You can not compare your self with your husband, his stats are different.

I wish you luck i am sure you will get there.

95069916.png
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    edited October 2015
    Options
    . double
  • shortthiing
    Options
    Thanks for the video, not sure that would be my issue but worth checking out. Just so annoyed