Do you have a time after which you don't eat anything?

Options
13»

Replies

• jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    MsMarvel27 wrote: »
    I sometimes eat really late - I get off work late and by the time I get home, cook and eat it's already 8-9. Then I go to the gym and don't usually get back until about 11, sometimes close to 12 then I shower, fall asleep. On days I don't work out, I'm usually eating then falling asleep because I also get up at about 5.

I tried doing the opposite and was eating dinner and then falling right asleep - so either way, there's no set time for me.

I will say that when I wake up I will feel better/worse depending on what I ate the night before. I actually prefer to sleep on an emptier stomach but it's not an option with my work schedule.

Wow your days sound full. Stay motivated!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yeah, like most other here, I stop eating just before I go to bed. I don't like crumbs in the bed.

Last night I went to bed at 2:30 am (studying for an exam) ... I don't remember exactly when I had my last bit to eat. Probably after midnight.

I don't get home from work until 6 pm or a little after, and we often don't have dinner until somewhere between about 7 and 8 pm. Then, since mid-July when this course I'm taking started, I'm usually up till about 1 am, and do like at least one little snack between 8 pm and 1 am. I start to notice that my focus fades ... and then it's time for tea and a snack. :)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to stop eating in the evening than I do in the morning, so I plan for a decent amount of calories around 6pm and then I have no trouble not eating or drinking after that. I don't do it for any reason in particular - there are just only so many calories for the day and I don't need to allocate any for the late evening.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have a time when I start eating. That would be around 2 or 3 pm. I find it easier to fast after I wake up then to go to bed with the possibility of being hungry.

I usually just eat lunch and dinner. Breakfast seems mostly pointless to me, it just weighs me down. Sometimes I'll have a breakfast if I feel a nutritional need to. But otherwise
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    jodidari wrote: »
    MsMarvel27 wrote: »
    I sometimes eat really late - I get off work late and by the time I get home, cook and eat it's already 8-9. Then I go to the gym and don't usually get back until about 11, sometimes close to 12 then I shower, fall asleep. On days I don't work out, I'm usually eating then falling asleep because I also get up at about 5.

I tried doing the opposite and was eating dinner and then falling right asleep - so either way, there's no set time for me.

I will say that when I wake up I will feel better/worse depending on what I ate the night before. I actually prefer to sleep on an emptier stomach but it's not an option with my work schedule.

Wow your days sound full. Stay motivated!

Yes, very!! and thanks! :)
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If I eat before bed (even 2 hours before) I have nightmares and I wake up with a stomachache.

But I do IF and I stop eating usually around 17.00.
  • girishmenezes
    girishmenezes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. Calories and macros are critical, not timing. I generally save some calories for a snack before I go to sleep.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    I have chronic bouts of insomnia, and over the years I've learned some things that help lessen the likelihood that I won't be able to sleep in a given night. One of those things is making sure that I don't eat for about 2 hours before I go to bed. Unfortunately it doesn't always help, but more often than not it helps allow me to get at least 2 - 4 hours of sleep.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nope. Because when you eat has no impact on weight loss, it's generally how much you eat that counts. However, If I am intending to weigh myself in the morning, I probably won't eat too late because I know that will give a heavier reading.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Not consciously, although my ENT has suggested a three hour hiatus due to my tendency towards silent reflux. However, it seems like my stomach has a shut down time of around 9PM unless I'm really hungry.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So we know we burn more calories when awake than asleep , do we not believe staying up for a few hours after eating that makes a difference in calories burnt daily?