Help!!

Options
Can anyone help me? I'm 179.2 pounds. I have a trip to China to go next year in July with friends and really want to reach my goal before then. My goal is 110. I can't go to the gym because of my social anxiety. I was wondering if anyone has at home Excercises I could do and a diet plan of what I should eat. I was thinking about eating kimchi too because I read it would help you lose up to 11 pounds a month. After the trip to China I would like to main rain that weight too. I'm want to be more healthy.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want, just eat at a calorie deficit. If you aren't sure how many calories that is, try entering your stats and goals into MFP and eating at that goal. Kimchi won't help you lose weight although you can certainly eat it if you want (just make sure you log it).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? All you need is to eat in a calorie deficit. 11 pounds a month is too aggressive, anyway.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You have social anxiety but you're going to China?
  • xxenchantxx14
    xxenchantxx14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    With friends. I am trying to get better at talking to people.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How tall are you? All you need is to eat in a calorie deficit. 11 pounds a month is too aggressive, anyway.

I'm am very short. I get it from my moms side. I'm 5'0. On the BMI I'm obese.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want, just eat at a calorie deficit. If you aren't sure how many calories that is, try entering your stats and goals into MFP and eating at that goal. Kimchi won't help you lose weight although you can certainly eat it if you want (just make sure you log it).
    Okay. Do you know any at home Excercises I could do that would help?

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Going to the gym will help you get better at talking to people, seems like going to the gym will help you with two goals you have.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Walking is great exercise. I'm not sure if your anxiety keeps you from going out, but it's a fantastic way to begin getting more active. But a calorie deficit is what will generate weight loss. Exercise is good for fitness and it can be a good way to help create a deficit, but what you eat will be more important than exercise.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

Going to the gym will help you get better at talking to people, seems like going to the gym will help you with two goals you have.[/quote
    True. But the only diffrence is I'm going to China with friends. I can't go to the gym alone. Especially with a lot of people because then my anxiety attack with kick in. I ask my friends to come with me but there always busy.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

YouTube has many exercise programs that are free. Netflix also has some. Or you could buy DVD exercise programs.
  • WBB55
    Options

Going to the gym will help you get better at talking to people, seems like going to the gym will help you with two goals you have.
    True. But the only diffrence is I'm going to China with friends. I can't go to the gym alone. Especially with a lot of people because then my anxiety attack with kick in. I ask my friends to come with me but there always busy.

So go to the gym when they go to the gym. I know it sounds simplistic, but living a life where you can't go to a public place seems very limiting. Are you in therapy or medication for such debilitation anxiety?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I HATE going to the gym alone. But you know, I suck it up sometimes. Not saying you can, I'm just saying if you can't, have you considered CBT?
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options

So go to the gym when they go to the gym. I know it sounds simplistic, but living a life where you can't go to a public place seems very limiting. Are you in therapy or medication for such debilitation anxiety?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I HATE going to the gym alone. But you know, I suck it up sometimes. Not saying you can, I'm just saying if you can't, have you considered CBT?
    At night is when I go. In busy in the day time. That's why some of my friends can't go with me. I just want some really go Excercises to do at home. I feel like it would be easier.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Fitness Blender or Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube. They are good for Beginners to more advanced. Both exercise and inside walking routines. Best wishes :)
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options
    Maybe try Fitness Blender or Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube. They are good for Beginners to more advanced. Both exercise and inside walking routines. Best wishes :)

Thank you
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Go to the gym with friends.

Also you don't have to talk to anyone at the gym. That's what I use headphones for.
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

Also you don't have to talk to anyone at the gym. That's what I use headphones for.

@ASKyle just walk around the gym with your ILS and your shades on, I see how you are. Quit flexing in the mirror too, that drives me nuts!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »

@ASKyle just walk around the gym with your ILS and your shades on, I see how you are. Quit flexing in the mirror too, that drives me nuts!

ILS? I believe I am misunderstanding your attempt at humor, or dig at me.
  • WBB55
    edited October 2015
    Options

At night is when I go. In busy in the day time. That's why some of my friends can't go with me. I just want some really go Excercises to do at home. I feel like it would be easier.

Working out at home can be easier and cheaper. I just hear someone say they CANT go to the gym due to anxiety and I get worried they're not being treated for their debilitating levels of anxiety. Some of us here are mother hens.
  • xxenchantxx14
    Options

Working out at home can be easier and cheaper. I just hear someone say they CANT go to the gym due to anxiety and I get worried they're not being treated for their debilitating levels of anxiety. Some of us here are mother hens.
    I get a that. I'm not a mother but I know being a mom is very hard and takes a lot of time up of going to the gym and I me having anxiety isn't as hard as being a mother.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options

I get a that. I'm not a mother but I know being a mom is very hard and takes a lot of time up of going to the gym and I me having anxiety isn't as hard as being a mother.

I think you misunderstood. Saying "some of us here are mother hens" is an explanation that some posters are trying out of concern (as a mother hen might feel for her chicks) to address what they see as the underlying issue--"debilitating levels of anxiety." I highly doubt that poster was trying to one-up you in a contest of over who's life is harder.