Lol. Learn something new everyday B)
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me so many warm fuzzies :blush:
  • TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Canada is the best place in the world in my opinion! So lucky to be Canadian
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Yay Canada!!!!!
  • Magnus_TKN
    Magnus_TKN Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    2bn3cf6fqq8n.jpeg
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    So, What Do We Canadians Have To Be Proud Of?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington .. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure..

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars).

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
    (That's more information than I need!)

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We invented the ski-doo, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, the paint roller, roller skates, duct tape, the jolly-jumper, air conditioned vehicles, the Zamboni, the barcode, the Blackberry and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

21. The light bulb was actually invented by a Canadian (Henry Woodward patented it in 1874). The patent was bought by some obscure American named Edison who improved upon the design and took credit for inventing it.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have colored money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick *kitten* {Incidently...so does our beer}

BUT MOST IMPORTANT !

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOoohhhhh Canada !!

I like #14. Lol

#24 is soooooo racist!!

lol
  • TayFit07
    TayFit07 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Magnus_TKN wrote: »
    2bn3cf6fqq8n.jpeg

Hahaha love this xD
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    cmfougere wrote: »
    You will both have to pass our very ambitious food challenge. Can you eat a large poutine, a fried beavertail and wash it all down with a large double double? If you were thinking of coming to Atlantic Canada, I'd make you eat a donair as well.

Oh please, I'm Greek. I'll even wash it down with a Mooseheads beer!

Now, now...no need to go THAT far. There is much better beer to be had around here!

Now if she had Said " PIL " Then you know that she is one with Saskatchewan.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Almost 50% of the cabinet is women - awesome!
  • 1320GO
    1320GO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was in Toronto this summer and downtown at night. The women were amazingly pretty and dressed so well. Very impressed. The falls from the Canada side wins hands down. What's up with housing - you can spit on your neighbors house from yours then lots of open space not built on?
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    So, What Do We Canadians Have To Be Proud Of?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington .. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure..

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars).

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
    (That's more information than I need!)

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We invented the ski-doo, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, the paint roller, roller skates, duct tape, the jolly-jumper, air conditioned vehicles, the Zamboni, the barcode, the Blackberry and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

21. The light bulb was actually invented by a Canadian (Henry Woodward patented it in 1874). The patent was bought by some obscure American named Edison who improved upon the design and took credit for inventing it.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have colored money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick *kitten* {Incidently...so does our beer}

BUT MOST IMPORTANT !

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOoohhhhh Canada !!

ummm you forgot POUTINE :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

1320GO wrote: »
    I was in Toronto this summer and downtown at night. The women were amazingly pretty and dressed so well. Very impressed. The falls from the Canada side wins hands down. What's up with housing - you can spit on your neighbors house from yours then lots of open space not built on?

We are huddling for warmth. You visited in the SUMMER.
  • henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    jsummd wrote: »
    This thread gives me so many warm fuzzies :blush:

The housing is messed. No where to park either. Waaaay over priced as well. Don't worry, those open spaces will be condos or other homes jammed together like a sardine can
  • 1320GO
    Options
    One more - what's up with the price of gas? Taxes?
  • henshemi
    Options
    One more - what's up with the price of gas? Taxes?

Nailed it. Facking taxes are ridiculous!
  • henshemi
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ehyryviw0k87.png
  • 1320GO
    Options
    Lots of nice cars in Toronto though!
  • henshemi
    Options