pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh Caaanadaaa
    Our home and native laaand

sounds like something you sing drunk off your horsey
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Can admit to singing it drunkenly once or twice....Maximus...we are all now very Liberal.....
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Can admit to singing it drunkenly once or twice....Maximus...we are all now very Liberal.....

Not that that's bad
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's an easy to sing national anthem. Often sung while holding a beer can, unless you're in the upper deck if seats watching the Jays game.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    It's an easy to sing national anthem. Often sung while holding a beer can, unless you're in the upper deck if seats watching the Jays game.

And then you're drunkenly singing with a plastic cup...ooo..they taught them!!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Have sung it drink have sung it off my horsey but never both at the same time
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Not that that's bad

None of it's bad...I'm not sure how I feel about Trudeau, or about him having a majority gov...but it can't be worse than the last one, and at least Trudeau seems to have a grasp on what the populace is thinking about. I could be dead wrong, and he could screw us up just like the rest have....Only time will tell....
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

Not that that's bad

None of it's bad...I'm not sure how I feel about Trudeau, or about him having a majority gov...but it can't be worse than the last one, and at least Trudeau seems to have a grasp on what the populace is thinking about. I could be dead wrong, and he could screw us up just like the rest have....Only time will tell....

In typical Canadian fashion we voted a party out. At least Trudeau has nice hair, press the ads said, and is he ready? Is any ever ready to lead a country? As you said can't be worse than the last one and at least we'll get a bit of notoriety since our leader is good looking.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

Not that that's bad

In typical Canadian fashion we voted a party out. At least Trudeau has nice hair, press the ads said, and is he ready? Is any ever ready to lead a country? As you said can't be worse than the last one and at least we'll get a bit of notoriety since our leader is good looking.

And young! Youth talks....he also believes in legalizing Maryjane, but thinks the budget will balance itself...lol...I can handle watching him drone on in the legislature...lol!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm already completely charmed by Sophie Grégoire, our new "first lady". She's a recovered bulimic by the way.

Try and explain Alberta. Earlier this year we swept out the former conservative government with NDP orange, and now pretty well swept the Federal government in conservative blue. I guess the best way to describe us is "contrarian".

I want to see Trudeau and Obama shaking hands.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    wqz4ayubb7aw.jpg

I don't know their politics, but Degrassi is awesome! So is Robyn Sharbotski.
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We didn't vote in any party. We just voted against the other one.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I'm already completely charmed by Sophie Grégoire, our new "first lady". She's a recovered bulimic by the way.

Try and explain Alberta. Earlier this year we swept out the former conservative government with NDP orange, and now pretty well swept the Federal government in conservative blue. I guess the best way to describe us is "contrarian".

I believe we will see this happen sooner than later...just a feeling...and I agree about Sophie, she just oozes charm and warmth! I did not know that fact about her, but it makes me like her more :)
  • cmfougere
    cmfougere Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    The True North strong and free, dear @Maximus You know we are amazing
  • RobDowney
    RobDowney Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    It's like that first rain after months and months of dry hot weather. Everything just seems nice and fresh again.
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,172 Member
    Options

Us Albertans keeping things interesting!
  • jgnatca
    Options
    There was a lineup at my poll so I checked if voter turnout was higher this year. Yes, the best turnout since 1993.

http://www.thestar.com/news/federal-election/2015/10/20/high-voter-highest-since-1993.html
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I was a bit disappointed, but not surprised by Alberta's voting. I'm glad for the higher turnout. My polling station had a bit of line-up when we went, but not too bad. Edmonton wasn't all blue though. Some close ridings a little red and orange snuck in there.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yes, a couple Liberal ridings in Calgary, too. Harper kept his seat.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I heard that, isn't he stepping down anyways?