Keto diet?

2»

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I've been doing keto for almost 4 months, and lost 35 lbs, although my weight loss has slowed recently due to higher caloric intake.

I started on low carb for about 1-2 weeks, and then made the jump to keto. I feel better on very low carb so I suddenly had more energy and the keto flu was gone. Keto flu is usually low electrolytes (salt, magnesium and potassium) plus a few days of your body adjusting to burning fats instead of carbs for fuel.

I hit a bit of that keto flu when I was low(er) carb (100-200g per day) without the health benefits that I am getting from keto. I dropped to about 20g of carbs per day, upped my salt intake to 3000-5000 mg per day and I feel really good.

It didn't work for me because I love pizza and I'm not willing to do some weird cauliflower crust and call it pizza. It might work for you. Give it a try for 2 or 3 weeks and make an informed decision on whether or not it's a dietary lifestyle you can live with.

Ahhh, Grasshopper. You have much to learn. ;) A keto pizza skips the crust entirely.

On a microwaveable plate, place paper towel. Layer pepperoni so it overlaps over the plate. Spread some tomato sauce and some thinly sliced veggies and sprinkle cheese all over it. Nuke it to melt the cheese.

Keto pizza without cauliflower... I agree that cauliflower and pizza should never be combined.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    dhimaan wrote: »
    I did keto for 3 months with heavy weight training, I almost died.
    If you actually almost died, you may have problems with diabetes, and gone into ketoacidosis, a completely different kettle of fish.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2015
    If you actually almost died, you may have problems with diabetes, and gone into ketoacidosis, a completely different kettle of fish.

Figure of speech much?

Keto doesn't work for everyone.. neither does low carb. But if you want to test the theory on lifting and the association of carb... one you hit your lifting pletaeus.. come off keto and go moderate carb and see if you can get through all your plateaus.
  • Lucille4444
    psulemon wrote: »

Figure of speech much?

Keto doesn't work for everyone.. neither does low carb. But if you want to test the theory on lifting and the association of carb... one you hit your lifting pletaeus.. come off keto and go moderate carb and see if you can get through all your plateaus.
    Could be a figure of speech, could be reality.
    I neither want nor need to test because it is all working for me, I am in keto, lifting, and losing weight, and feeling good. Why would you give me grief for simply reporting my experience? Keto indeed is not for everyone, but it is working for me, I have not said anything about those who choose different paths. Sheesh....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    psulemon wrote: »

Figure of speech much?

Could be a figure of speech, could be reality.
    I neither want nor need to test because it is all working for me, I am in keto, lifting, and losing weight, and feeling good. Why would you give me grief for simply reporting my experience? Keto indeed is not for everyone, but it is working for me, I have not said anything about those who choose different paths. Sheesh....

You are putting too much thought into my post. I am not give you grief by any means. Sorry if it came off that way.
  • Lucille4444
    I am sorry back atcha for thinking it.