Keto Diet Support and Advice Needed

Options
Third day on the keto diet and I feel great but I'm craving carbs like crazy. My limit is set to 10 g/day due to my carb intake sensitivity so it's pretty tough to stick to this limit. Any advice on how to handle the cravings?

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    The first 2 weeks are a real killer because of the double whammy of carb and sugar withdrawal cravings. Here is a link to the main low carb (keto) forum on MFP. I suggest you re-post your question there. I know you will get lots of good advice from the group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • basiamborkowska
    basiamborkowska Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I know it will get better with time but now I truly realize why sugar is so bad for your system. I read somewhere that it's worse than drugs but I never knew what it means. If drug addicts feel as strong urge to use as I do to eat a cookie than I'm deeply sorry for them. :-( It's so hard to say "No".
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    In two or three days you might start to feel better. Remember to add fats: what ever you love like cheese, dark meat chicken, bacon , olives, butter.
    Low cal veggies like greens, asparagus, cucumbers, pickles,