Any tips on fighting a sweet tooth after dinner?

2»

Replies

• yulivalencia15
    yulivalencia15 Posts: 3 Member
    Proyo❤️ (frozen yogurt of protein)
    Lenny and larry protein cookies the best thing on earth
  • Sarahwellsjones
    Sarahwellsjones Posts: 1 Member
    Quark mixed with a sachet of options hot chocolate and some sweetner. Tastes like cheesecake! High protein too :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Any 100 calorie snack. One cookie. One piece of chocolate. One caramel.
  • lekeishab
    lekeishab Posts: 2 Member
    Selinaz wrote: »
    When I find myself wanting something sweet and I'm on my diet , i brush my teeth. One of my fitness idols says she does this, Helps all cravings go away, trust me!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Total 0% and fruit, try berries in a saucepan in a few drops of water and then stir through!

I do something similar to this. Slice up an apple and toss it in a skillet with some cinnamon, a pinch of sugar, and a tablespoon or so of water. Cook it covered until the apples are soft. It tastes just like apple pie filling!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Any 100 calorie snack. One cookie. One piece of chocolate. One caramel.

These^ A little sugar at night can actually be a good thing and help you sleep.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    60 calorie pudding or 90 calorie sweet freedom ice cream is my go to
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Save calories from dinner to have a tiny sweet afterwards. A fun size Hershey bar is only 63 calories, a Kit Kat 42 calories. You'll soon realize you don't need a massive bar of candy to get that little edge off.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    Save calories from dinner to have a tiny sweet afterwards. A fun size Hershey bar is only 63 calories, a Kit Kat 42 calories. You'll soon realize you don't need a massive bar of candy to get that little edge off.

This. I always save calories for a snack!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I always get cravings for something sweet after dinner, and am am a college student so dining halls always have ice cream and cookies everywhere. How do I fight the urge?

Hi
    What I do is work a evening Dessert into my days calories.
    One of the things I use are Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurts, Very Tasty in many flavors, 80 calories and 11g of protein which helps cut the appetite too. I Do use a small spoon so they last longer. Or I use 120 calories of chocolate bites and as was suggested elsewhere I let the melt in my mouth rather that chewing them. Using things like this I Have lost a goodly amount of weight

Good Luck
    Roger
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    IDK...I have desert most evenings. Last night I had a cookie and some milk...I'm no worse for the wear. Having a little something for desert in the evening doesn't magically undo all of your nutrition for the day or anything like that...

+1

And in case you're thinking 'yeah, but he's a bigger guy and can afford it', I'm a small, 41 yr old woman and can still manage to set aside 100-300 cals. It's important to me, and I like eating something sweet at night when I want it and it's hardest to deny myself because I'm relaxing and the food is right there.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I generally will take a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt and mix it with 15g of chopped chocolate chips. Add some vanilla, lemon, or almond flavoring and some Truvia and voila, a great dessert.