I love "Secret Eaters"

Options

Replies

• running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Also love the British version of 'fat the fight of my life'. I'm addicted to British 'diet' programs. There's an interesting series of documentary's at the moment called, 'the men who made us thin'. I think that's on bbc two. I guess it's on bbc i-player.
  • Gwibbertronii
    Options
    I'm in the UK, and the first time I watched this show I was fascinated. This girl kept insisting she ate healthily and was demanding a scientific reason for being so overweight.

She got her answer, but it wasnt the one she expected. Seriously, with all the information available today, the huge amount of media space given to the obesity epidemic, how can you get to 250lbs without ever seeking to understand or educate yourself as to what a pound of cheese and potato and pasta really means to your body?

I may be fat but I least I know why I'm fat. It's definitely my hormones though. ;)
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to British 'diet' programs.

Me tooo!!!!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I joined this site right after watching an episode of that! I love those shows. I've been watching Supersizers Go . . . after I finished the Secret Eaters. I love The Men Who Made Us Fat and Supersize vs Superskinny too. The UK has great shows that explore food and our relationship with it. I wish the US did that. I mean, I know both countries are getting bigger, but at least the UK seems like it's trying to bring awareness to the public! All we really have is Biggest Loser (so far as I've seen recently). Although a good thing I have noticed is that the cooking channels are doing a few shows that are focusing on healthier eating (I love Not My Mama's Meals). Small steps I guess. I love the host of Secret Eaters. She has my all-time favorite English accent.
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up on YouTube, I really think I'll enjoy it!
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Does anyone else watch fat the fight of my life, obese a year to save my life, fat families, ss v ss, the men who made us thin/fat?
    I'm addicted to all of them!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    im so gonna watch this tonight! its that self awareness stuff that helps.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOOHHHH man! And my absolute favorite part is when Anna says "Are you sure you were'nt being careful about what you eat because of the cameras this week"? "No no no, this is a perfectly normal week".......Anna- "Really...because you lost weight". They cannot hide!!!! Love it!!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just found it on you tube after this post. Watched and episode and thought it was o
    Good
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The part I like the best is when they have the private detective guys watching them after the people think the filming is done. And when they're meeting in the restaurant and the wall opens up to the big table of the food they've eaten all week. Wow, nowhere to hide from that. Sometimes you need someone to force you to look at what you're doing in order to make a change. I also like the experiments they do. Like they showed people eat more if they have a bigger plate, certain color plates, or if the serving platters of food are left on the table. I also watch it via the internet, wish I could get more of the channel 4 programs!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else watch fat the fight of my life, obese a year to save my life, fat families, ss v ss, the men who made us thin/fat?
    I'm addicted to all of them!

Fat The Fight Of My Life is my favourite of those.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    One of the most memorable Secret Eaters featured a woman who claimed she always eats healthy salads and lots of veg and then the only time we saw her eat a salad all week it was more mayo than vegetables! Veg seemed to be oven chips and there was a lot of secret drive throughs.

Sometimes watching that programme makes me realise that my old eating habits weren't all that bad!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Loved "You are what you eat" The table or tables in some cases were proof of what had been eaten. I also like the motto: You are what you eat, I think I need to eat a skinny person. :devil:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    LOVE this show.

Did anyone see the episode where a guy made a PIE SANDWICH..........a big pie squashed in between 2 bits of bread.

Its a real eye opener
  • skatykaty
    skatykaty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Her name is Anna Richardson. She also presents a programme called "How Not to Get Old" on Channel 4 - its really interesting too but sorry a bit off topic.
  • Hmmmm bump!
  • Ytrid
    Ytrid Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this show too! I also love supersize vs superskinny.

I adore that show <333
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks NYCNika! I'm off to check it out!:wink:
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    :noway: oh my gosh!!!!!!! I never seen such denial!Less than 5 minutes in and I just know it's no way they could as active and healthy as they say!:smile:
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    OMG this is so good! I'm in the middle of part 2 of season 1, episode one and I'm loving it so much! Thanks for sharing :D