I love "Secret Eaters"

Options

Replies

• LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I like this show as well. Channel 4 seems to hit just the right balance between sensationalism and good advice with its 'diet' shows, which is more than can be said for most of its other programming :D

I seem to remember one where a man was saying that he couldn't understand how he could possibly be putting on weight and it turned out he was eating about 6,000 calories a day!!
  • tngirlnow10
    tngirlnow10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think it was called "you are what you eat"....?
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This show is the very first thing I think of when I see the "I don't know what I'm doing wrong" threads. Then you look at their diaries and they don't log anything. It's almost inevitable.

Funny to find this thread. I decided that I must be eating more than I think so I have vowed to log every single mouthful for a week and see what the heck is going on...Just having to track all the miscellaneous bites is starting to drive me nuts...I truly didn't realize how often I grab a grape or a "bite" of something whenever I walked into the kitchen.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    LOVE this show.

Did anyone see the episode where a guy made a PIE SANDWICH..........a big pie squashed in between 2 bits of bread.

Its a real eye opener

Yes!! I saw that lol. Wow.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread I looked it up and watched two episodes last night. I can't believe people are that unaware of what they're sticking in their mouths. I think when they say they ask the contestants to fill out a food diary, it must be just them guessing at what they eat in a random day rather than actually taking the time to diarize a full day of meals. There's no way to be that far off if you are actually taking the time to journal. But it sure is crazy to see how little people are aware of what they're shoving in their pie hole.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I felt such a wave of emotion watching the shows, I decided to honor these brave people and watch more shows while on the treadmill!:flowerforyou:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I felt such a wave of emotion watching the shows, I decided to honor these brave people and watch more shows while on the treadmill!:flowerforyou:

that's what I do too! while working out because it will fuel the fire! I'm getting to the point I can't remember which I've seen and which I haven't. lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I've watched all the episodes while on the elliptical trainer. If anyone has other recommendations of shows I can watch on the smartphone while exercising, please recommend away.
  • m3x43
    m3x43 Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Is is about people who do not understand why they weigh what they weigh because they are just sure they are not eating enough to justify their weight.

They insist they eat well, their diary shows calorie deficit. Yet they just can't lose weight.

So they are secretly followed and videotaped everywhere they go for a week and inevitably shown that they eat WAAAY more than they think they eat.

They are just kidding themselves IMO, they know very well what they're eating...they don't put it all down in the food diary do they!!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of this show either but thanks to this thread I've also watched a couple of episodes now.

I'm quite sure I've indulged in this behaviour myself. :blushing:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    LOVE this show.

Did anyone see the episode where a guy made a PIE SANDWICH..........a big pie squashed in between 2 bits of bread.

Its a real eye opener

Yes!! I saw that lol. Wow.

I saw that. Particularly audacious I thought! He's created the Pie-wich for when one layer of carbs just isn't enough!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump for later--love all these tips for new shows to watch!
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know why I'm fat...my mother told me I was big boned
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Reminds me of the McDonalds value menu inspired "McGangBanger" -- a Junior Chicken sandwich inserted between the two patties of a McDouble burger.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I know I thought I ate we'll until I started logging my food. I was surprised at what I was eating and how much.
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know about what is an awesome show. I've watched a couple episodes and love it. It also serves as an excellent reminder to write *everything* down in my food diary with no "freebies". :)
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I am heading to N'orn Irn in a couple of weeks, and hopefully will catch an episode or 2 . I saw the show a couple of years ago, and it featured a woman who counted and restricted her calories all day and was so hungry by 10.pm she would go out for pie and chips or similar.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Reminds me of the McDonalds value menu inspired "McGangBanger" -- a Junior Chicken sandwich inserted between the two patties of a McDouble burger.

LOL that sounds awesome! :laugh: :laugh:
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Because of this post, I just watched the first episode of Secret Eaters... omg, I am hooked!!