Grocery shopping.

Options
12346»

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I tend to batch cook. I can take 2-3lbs of chickpeas and make 5-6 dinners worth easy of falafel balls, patties, or burgers. They freeze extremely well. Then you just take them out, pop them in the oven to reheat, get out some pita bread and fixings and off you go. I make two pans of enchiladas or cannelloni at once and they feed my family for 3-4 days straight (I will be the first to admit that we do not care about variety and can happily eat the same food for days at a time). I make several pizzas or stromboli at once and then freeze the excess for days when I am super lazy and can't deal with even boiling water.

You can do so much with shredded meat. Take a cut of meat, put it in the pressure or slow cooker for the appropriate amount of time, shred it and freeze it. You can put it in tacos, chili, enchiladas, pulled pork/chicken/beef, use to top salad or pizzas, use it in soups and stews, etc, etc.

I bought an Instant Pot and it is one of the best things I have ever bought for the kitchen. It is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, you can saute in it, you can make yogurt (mindbogglingly easy and takes NO TIME on your part) and cheese with it, the list goes on.