If you had 3000+ calories to consume, what would you splurge on?

Options

Replies

• burns429
    burns429 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just ran a 1/2 last Sunday and had little appetite after; only ate about 1/2 of the finisher food that was provided. I ordered a pizza and snacked on that most of the day and had cereal for dinner. Ended up with almost 900 calories left on Sunday

I did eat over maintenance a few days during the week so my weekly total ended up right at maintenance.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Post half marathon food is the best. After my first half marathon, I had a chicken puffy taco plate and margaritas for brunch and then a whole pizza for dinner. After my last half marathon, I had a burger, fries, and beer for brunch and then all you can eat Korean BBQ for dinner.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    steak, wine, potato with cheese and sour cream or lots of Mexican food!!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I'm running a half marathon and I will have a bunch of extra calories to consume so I'm going to splurge a little. I'm thinking pizza and beer. What would you splurge on?

A half marathon is only going to burn between 1000 and 1200 calories. Careful with that "3000 extra" thought.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    On Sunday I'm running a half marathon and I will have a bunch of extra calories to consume so I'm going to splurge a little. I'm thinking pizza and beer. What would you splurge on?

A half marathon is only going to burn between 1000 and 1200 calories. Careful with that "3000 extra" thought.

She didn't say 3,000 extra, she just said 3000+ to consume. I took it for the whole day...and 1,800-2,000 seems like a perfectly reasonable daily calorie goal, for a smaller deficit or maintenance, depending on what she's got going on.

Anyway. I'd have margaritas and....I don't know. Pizza, or maybe steak fajitas, or maybe a reasonable portion of loaded french fries? And if I had any room at all left over (calories- or stomach-wise), I'd have a mini caramel oreo milkshake from Sonic.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, cheesecake and a chocolate lava fudge cake. And some twisted tea if there's room.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Best post-half marathon meal I ever had was a bacon cheeseburger with an egg on it, a side of fries, and a shake.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving dinner?
    Maybe a shake and cheeseburger with fries?
    Or a bowl of guacamole and chips?
    I don't know. That is a lot more calories than I usually have but I'm sure I'think of something tasty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Chinese food, cheesecake and a chocolate lava fudge cake. And some twisted tea if there's room.

That's probably more like 5000 calories right there.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Tiramisu and bowl upon bowl of mashed potatoes with onion gravy. Mmm, or poutine with onion gravy!!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    A quart of very cold Heavy Whipping Cream sounds good.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The same super nachos that I get from my favorite mexican restaurant but I wouldn't split it up over three days.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

That's probably more like 5000 calories right there.

Depends on what I get and how much I eat. :)
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    1000 calories on a few slices of pizza, 2000 calories on as many pints of Guinness as I can get in me before I either pass out or run out of calories, whichever comes first.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake and a few glasses of a nice cab sav
  • walsmith7
    walsmith7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken and waffles in New Orleans
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Probably Dominos. A few pieces of pizza, soda and a molten lava cake.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'd go to white castle... then to panda express... then to a steakhouse!! Then I'd eat a whole batch of either peanut butter fudge or sour cream cookies!! That's how I used to eat every day. Got me really fat.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Honestly I really want a big Cadillac margarita, chips and salsa and maybe some guacamole. Been craving it for a while, but I don't drink often because I can't get over the calories!! So yes it'd be a happy little drunken splurge.
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've got around 4k on Sundays after a long run, so I have

1) pasta for lunch, ~6-700 cal
    2) a whole roast chicken for dinner with roasted potatoes (~1500 cal)
    3) a million apples (cause I love them)
    4) a good gelato in the afternoon (~350 cal)
    5) a 300 cal dessert
    6) one nice panino with bresaola or cotto ham (~400 cal)
    7)then I fill the gaps with whatever I crave, I love for example wrap with nutella on it :smiley: , or a big bowl of cereals

I always try to have a right balance between proteins and carbs

pizza is an excellent option, just make sure you eat what is going to fill you up most