For those that do not eat breakfast? Explain how you do it?

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I generally don't really eat much - usually only a small snack- I get home very late at night and I prefer eating that late- So I chose to eat later in the day so I don't have to run out of calories.

Except today- I had cake for breakfast today.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if people who don't eat in the morning exercise in the morning? I mean, I could exercise on an empty stomach if I did it first thing, but I have to wait 2-3 hours typically and then it's just not possible.

I don't exercise in the morning now, but there were years when I did. I did eat lunch closer to noon when exercising in the morning whereas now I typically don't eat till around 2.

Now I exercise on my lunch hour at work, then eat lunch later at my desk. And/or I exercise when I get home from work and then eat dinner later.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you are on vacation with people who eat breakfast and lunch or if you have relatives visiting? Do they ever comment and think it's odd?

When I have on vacation or have houseguests, generally my whole schedule changes. I may or may not have breakfast. I always have plenty of food available, including breakfast foods, for houseguests. I don't expect anyone to skip breakfast because I do.

If we go out to breakfast I'll typically have a large breakfast. But then I usually don't eat lunch because I'll be full all day.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you are on vacation with people who eat breakfast and lunch or if you have relatives visiting? Do they ever comment and think it's odd?

I'm not against eating breakfast. I'll eat breakfast if it is planned or if I'm on vacation and something is there that I want to eat. Even then, if I didn't eat breakfast no one would care and I would probably just get myself a drink and talk to people.

Part of the reason I don't eat breakfast at home is because I'm too lazy to make myself breakfast and once I get in the habit it isn't a big deal.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eating anything within like 5 hours of waking up has always made me feel really sick, so I just don't. I drink mostly water, and some coffee or tea, until around noonish and then I can eat. Dinner is anywhere from 5-7. I don't eat anything after 8 p.m. usually.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food but I just don't really feel that hungry when I wake up. I've been this way since I was in high school. So I stick with coffee or maybe a soda until lunchtime. Most evenings I eat dinner around 7:00 or 8:00 and then snack on whatever I want until bed.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm up between 430 and 5, just have coffee and water until around 11 I will have a snack, then lunch is around 130, dinner is at 7. I don't snack at night, too busy. Not eatingint he morning is pretty easy for me as I usually get sick if I eat right when I wake up or before working out. I just eat when I'm hungry.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

@Noreenmarie1234 If we have guests my hubby usually makes bacon and egg toasties for breakfast, which I cant resist, so always partake. If we're in a motel that includes breakfast then I'll have a scoff fest lol However these occasions are very few and far between.
    Normal everyday sedentary life, tea with milk holds me over til lunch.

• MarlyIc1
    MarlyIc1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to eat in the morning. I have a coffee as soon as I wake up and that's normally it, until about 1pm. Sometimes if I go for a hard workout, I have a banana before lunch time. I tried forcing myself in the past to eat early, and not only that it makes me feel sick, I also end up being a lot more hungry throughout the day so I end up eating more. Just listen to your body, everybody's different
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    It seems like coffee, or tea, is a trend among the non-breakfasters. I, personally, always eat breakfast, but I have noticed that a cup of coffee can stave off the immediate need for breakfast if I'm being indecisive. :lol: