Options
2»

Replies

• michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    This could be a long list:

... Long story short, changing my diet turned me into an "adventurous eater" (compared to the rest of my family) and a food snob.

I have had the same thing! I eat all kinds of foods that I either "didn't like" or had not tried before and have found that I love many of them! As if my taste buds have changed!

• CompanionNerd
    CompanionNerd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you said dinosaur eggs, I was thinking of the dinosaur eggs oatmeal that my kids eat. It's regular cinnamon instant oatmeal with sugar eggs filled with little dinosaur shaped sprinkles so the eggs melt when you add the hot water. Totally chock full of sugar but it got my kids eating oatmeal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Fiber Gourmet Pasta - this is probably my favorite find. I read about it on MFP and gave it a try. It was a game changer for me.
    Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar - I recently tried these and really like them. Just nuts, seeds and a little sweetener to hold it all together. It's a tasty and filling snack.
    Apothic Dark seasonal wine

I can't think of anything else new I've tried since I started losing weight. But I've always been a "I'll try anything once" type of eater so my diet was already pretty varied.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    As you have been making your weight loss journey chances are you have discovered some foods that you had not tried before and found that you really enjoy them. What foods have you found?
    Here are some of mine: Greek yogurt (had not tried it before MFP and LOVE IT!), veggie fajitas (always had to have chicken or beef before), cottage cheese and diced tomatoes mixed in a bowl (yummy), spaghetti squash, cabbage (had tried it before but love it now and discovered new recipes).

Cottage cheese, it looks gross so I've never tried it. Someone in the MFP posted how yummy cottage cheese and grapes are. I tried it myself and got hooked. YesterdayI tried cottage cheese with a tablespoon of grape jelly as someone else suggested in the forums, yum!!!

My family ate cottage cheese with grape jelly growing up, people always looked at me funny. I am happy to see someone else does this.

Mine has not really been new food, the staples have just changed.

Eggs, spinach, chicken are three things I buy almost every time I go to the grocery store now
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As you have been making your weight loss journey chances are you have discovered some foods that you had not tried before and found that you really enjoy them. What foods have you found?
    Here are some of mine: Greek yogurt (had not tried it before MFP and LOVE IT!), veggie fajitas (always had to have chicken or beef before), cottage cheese and diced tomatoes mixed in a bowl (yummy), spaghetti squash, cabbage (had tried it before but love it now and discovered new recipes).

Cottage cheese, it looks gross so I've never tried it. Someone in the MFP posted how yummy cottage cheese and grapes are. I tried it myself and got hooked. YesterdayI tried cottage cheese with a tablespoon of grape jelly as someone else suggested in the forums, yum!!!

You have to try cottage cheese and salsa. Everything is better with salsa.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Tuna. I have always liked tuna, but now that I'm paying attention to macros, I WORSHIP me some tuna.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I have a new obsession with broccoli and cauliflower. Would never eat them before, but now I love them.

Also, gelato and nutella. Never had tried either and now I obsess.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I have always had a very balanced diet... at home I ate all kinds of fruits veggies and I also eat out and eat fast food... my issue is eating more then i burn... like everyone else ha....but I can say I still hate mushrooms.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    kabocha squash baked with a little pumpkin pie spice. YUM!
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    [quote="Need2Exerc1se;34378053
    Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar - I recently tried these and really like them. Just nuts, seeds and a little sweetener to hold it all together. It's a tasty and filling snack.
    .[/quote]

Are you in the US? I couldn't find this listed on the Nature Valley website?
  • tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Are you in the US? I could not find this on the Nature Valley website.

Sorry for the duplicate post, I could not figure out how to delete the first one.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Prawns! Before I decided to lose weight I didn't eat much fish or seafood, and only really tried prawns because they were a low-calorie source of protein and went with lots of things I liked to eat (stir fries, pasta etc.)

Now I LOVE crab, crayfish, prawns, squid, mussels, and might not have tried them for years otherwise.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I really have come to enjoy vegetables alot. I now look forward to seeing what's in season. I've also discovered that I really like stuffing baked potatoes with barbeque chicken. With low-fat sour cream, that dish is a winner! I also have enjoyed breakfast, with greek yogurt and a half cup of cereal. For years I didn't eat breakfast, but I found on this diet, I really need to eat. Otherwise, cravings for snack foods hit me big-time. Now I really enjoy breakfast, and it holds me fine until lunch. What I found I did NOT like? Turkey burgers. Blech! and protein bars. Double blech!

It's been fun to try new foods.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash which now is one of my favourite vegetables, lentils, feta, wholemeal tortilla wraps which i think taste better than white ones, who knew!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I kind of love that I know of a produce item that someone else hasn't heard of. Five years ago, that would not have been the case at all. I knew less about produce than anyone!!

Most pluots are too pearish-tasting to me (even though I don't think there is any pear on them), but I really like the dinosaur eggs. They have a little bit more zip and might be a little sweeter than the other pluots.

I think it is a brand name because they have stickers that say Dinosaur Egg on them and that's what they're called in Publix, but at Winn-Dixie, they're pluots. Unsure if that is a local thing.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    kabocha squash baked with a little pumpkin pie spice. YUM!

I have to try this!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    tcaley4 wrote: »

Are you in the US? I could not find this on the Nature Valley website.

Sorry for the duplicate post, I could not figure out how to delete the first one.

Yes, in the US. I'd seen them advertised on TV, then Kroger sent me a coupon so I gave them a try.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts, raw dressed as a salad
    tahini, lemon, garlic dressing (on just about everything)
    1% or 2% greek yogurt. Not all the time but good to have on had when you need to really be satisfied