I suck....

Options
2»

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I had over 200 pounds to lose. I started out just setting for maintenance so I could get used to logging. Just paying attention to how many calories various food had and tracking everything I was eating started me to make better choices. After several weeks I set at .5 pounds per week, then I increased to 1 pound per week and then 1.5.

Now I only have half that to lose and its only been 22 months.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    ardenspark wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond with such thoughtful answers. I really do appreciate it and will look into the books/articles/writing exercises/etc. I also appreciate the kindness. :smile:

I do like the idea of just logging. Not restricting or exercising (not yet). However when I log into MFP, it tells me 1200 calories for my weight (which is in the obese category). This seems low to me. Is there a different method of figuring calories? I'm not used to calorie counting (WW does points).

Thank you again. You'll see me around...

You're being too aggressive with your weight loss goal if you're only getting 1200 calories. Set your goal to lose 1 pound per week and you'll get closer to 1500 calories. Lose a little more slowly and sustainably and learn how to eat to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. You really can do this.
  • ardenspark
    ardenspark Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok. I set it to lose 1 pound a week and I have 1580 calories/day. Much more do-able. Thanks!