Chalene Johnson's Piyo User

Options
Any Piyo users out there? I am almost done with second month and soon will be in the advance schedule. What do you guys think of it?

Replies

• reach4starrs
    reach4starrs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it and excited to start. I want to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. Are u also trying to lose weight?
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo and Chalean :smiley:
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it and excited to start. I want to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. Are u also trying to lose weight?

In the beginning I wanted to buy what I noticed, the scale lies. I look 130 and I weight a little over 150.

The first week your not gonna like it but as you follow the schedule and weeks pass, you will.

I'm gonna stick to Piyo until I master it
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    MarvelGrrl wrote: »
    I love PiYo and Chalean :smiley:
    Me too!!!!
  • jms870815
    jms870815 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it! I just started another round of it this morning... I rotate Piyo and Chalean Extreme. :smile:
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    jms870815 wrote: »
    I love it! I just started another round of it this morning... I rotate Piyo and Chalean Extreme. :smile:

I'm gonna do that after I'm done with the advance level
  • hkell727
    hkell727 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see other people using this program. I just started my program Sunday. This is the only workout I am currently doing as I am trying to get back into the "workout routine". I am definitely sore but don't feel like I am "dripping" in sweat like other people have described it as. I feel like my abs are definitely getting a workout since I do feel almost nauseous after I'm done, my wrists hurt by the end of my 30 minutes - I'm just wondering if this workout will be enough. It is very early in the process for me so I'm hoping as I continue the results will speak for themselves. But am happy to see these posts and hope to see all of your feedback as you continue with the workout!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options

That is a fairly unlikely goal considering how little weight you have to lose and how little time you have until xmas. At your weight 1/2 - 1 lb per week is ideal.

I have been looking at this program. I need to supplement more yoga/flexibility training into my routine because I have some tight muscle and that doesn't help with cramping.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    hkell727 wrote: »
    I'm glad to see other people using this program. I just started my program Sunday. This is the only workout I am currently doing as I am trying to get back into the "workout routine". I am definitely sore but don't feel like I am "dripping" in sweat like other people have described it as. I feel like my abs are definitely getting a workout since I do feel almost nauseous after I'm done, my wrists hurt by the end of my 30 minutes - I'm just wondering if this workout will be enough. It is very early in the process for me so I'm hoping as I continue the results will speak for themselves. But am happy to see these posts and hope to see all of your feedback as you continue with the workout!

I'm dripping sweat. When did upper body define and lower body define separate, I didn't sweat. I combine these Bc I felt they were too easy. The rest of videos, oh man oh man. I feel it every workout. I'm not perfect. I use a lot modified girl because my upper body is so weak
  • hkell727
    Options
    I could see dripping in sweat if I combined the workouts. I've only completed 3 days so I'm still so new to this program. I am pretty sore so took today as a rest and will start again tomorrow. I'm a little anxious of the next one - I'm sure the sweat and shakes will come full force during that one. I'm with you...modify, modify, modify....my upper body is so weak and I can't remember the last time I have used my abs like this. My legs are a little sore but I've been running mostly as my exercise so I don't feel like my legs are horrible. Just lacking flexibility. Once I get going on this I may have to double up workouts. I almost feel like I should be running in between so this would help free up a day for my runs. Thanks for your feedback. Helps to see what others are doing!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I just saw the infomercial last night! I do love Chalean and have liked all her dvds so far!
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I could see dripping in sweat if I combined the workouts. I've only completed 3 days so I'm still so new to this program. I am pretty sore so took today as a rest and will start again tomorrow. I'm a little anxious of the next one - I'm sure the sweat and shakes will come full force during that one. I'm with you...modify, modify, modify....my upper body is so weak and I can't remember the last time I have used my abs like this. My legs are a little sore but I've been running mostly as my exercise so I don't feel like my legs are horrible. Just lacking flexibility. Once I get going on this I may have to double up workouts. I almost feel like I should be running in between so this would help free up a day for my runs. Thanks for your feedback. Helps to see what others are doing!

I'm not huge runner but there are days where running is heavenly for me. My lower body inner thighs are so sore. I'm really ready on top and big on the bottom. If I was more stronger on the top then I would think downward dog split would be a little easier but no. My shoulders start hunching up and my wrist start to scream.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I just saw the infomercial last night! I do love Chalean and have liked all her dvds so far!

Me too. I have everything. Well almost everything
  • stephanieseatonireland
    Options

If your wrist bother you, it's more than likely they are weak. They will get
    Stronger. Hang in there. Sometimes forming fists for the planks help , make sure you modify until you are stronger!
  • Misspinklift
    Options

Stronger. Hang in there. Sometimes forming fists for the planks help , make sure you modify until you are stronger!

Yes. I use a pillow sometimes. I don't know how that makes a difference. Lmao
  • hkell727
    Options

thanks for the tips guys! I completed the Sweat workout this morning and my wrists were on fire and that downward dog split about killed me. I was definitely sweating today much to my relief. And you are so right...I really need to make sure I am modifying until my strength is better. I do modify but sometimes I should probably modify more. Like that warrior 3....I swear I looked drunk! I know this will all come with time but so far I do like it. I am sore all over and I don't think my abs have stopped hurting since I started (which is good). Anxious to see my long term results! Loving the feedback...this is helping me so much!
  • Misspinklift
    Options

thanks for the tips guys! I completed the Sweat workout this morning and my wrists were on fire and that downward dog split about killed me. I was definitely sweating today much to my relief. And you are so right...I really need to make sure I am modifying until my strength is better. I do modify but sometimes I should probably modify more. Like that warrior 3....I swear I looked drunk! I know this will all come with time but so far I do like it. I am sore all over and I don't think my abs have stopped hurting since I started (which is good). Anxious to see my long term results! Loving the feedback...this is helping me so much!

The split kills me too. I try the split on the wall once. I fight it was much easier on the wrist when doing it on the wall. However, I can't always do that when the video is running. You do t want to miss a thing
  • Misspinklift
    Options

The split kills me too. I try the split on the wall once. I fight it was much easier on the wrist when doing it on the wall. However, I can't always do that when the video is running. You do t want to miss a thing

Oh and beast mode.
  • hkell727
    Options

Oh and beast mode.

I thought Sweat video moved quick. Had a hard time keeping up because I didn't see some of it. I think it will even better once I'm used to it and don't have to be glued to the TV. Beast mode.....rough
  • Misspinklift
    Options

Oh and beast mode.

I thought Sweat video moved quick. Had a hard time keeping up because I didn't see some of it. I think it will even better once I'm used to it and don't have to be glued to the TV. Beast mode.....rough

So rough! She tells not to touch the floor when moving one hip to the other but I can't hold it up long. I always pause and go back to it and keep pausing. Lol