Chalene Johnson's Piyo User

Options
2»

Replies

• hkell727
    hkell727 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Having trouble keeping up with an everyday workout. BUT, finally just did the buns workout. OUCH!!! My legs just about gave out and caused me to eat the carpet! UGH And I won't even go into how weak my abs are on the CORE workout. It gets better right?!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    hkell727 wrote: »
    Having trouble keeping up with an everyday workout. BUT, finally just did the buns workout. OUCH!!! My legs just about gave out and caused me to eat the carpet! UGH And I won't even go into how weak my abs are on the CORE workout. It gets better right?!

Buns are a beast! Yes it does get better.
  • adelinue
    adelinue Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Am i the only guy doing it ? xD

I have begun PiYo a month ago, tho i've taken a week-rest for week 4 that'll resume tomorrow (elbow injury). I did do other workouts that are lighter on the elbows this week (mainly TurboJam and running) but i didn't loose as much weight as i did with PiYo. First week with PiYo, i lost 6,8lbs ! (Had a lot to lose obviously) Then i lost around 3 pounds the following weeks (per week).

Buns is by far the hardest workout for me; i felt like my legs were giving out by the end of it. The workouts in the first week gave me a good sweat, mostly because of the planks (that are quite hard when you're 200lbs) but when i did Lower Body for the final time in week 3 I didn't sweat nearly as much as the first time even tho i tried to up the intensity. I try to not modify anything and go for intermediate (a.k.a follow Chalene). Sweat however, that's one workout that totally deserve its name; it's also my favorite. There's some really graceful movements in there and i like how the movements just flows togather (Warrior Three-High Lounge-Low Lounge for example).

I'm looking forward to resume it this week yet also dreading the 'Drench' workout xD
    Overall, i like PiYo altho i'm not sure i'll rotate back to it after i finish it; I guess time will tell :)

Just a question tho : You talked about a beginner calendar ? :/ I only have one calendar, no advanced or beginner
  • hkell727
    Options
    adelinue wrote: »
    Am i the only guy doing it ? xD

I have begun PiYo a month ago, tho i've taken a week-rest for week 4 that'll resume tomorrow (elbow injury). I did do other workouts that are lighter on the elbows this week (mainly TurboJam and running) but i didn't loose as much weight as i did with PiYo. First week with PiYo, i lost 6,8lbs ! (Had a lot to lose obviously) Then i lost around 3 pounds the following weeks (per week).

Buns is by far the hardest workout for me; i felt like my legs were giving out by the end of it. The workouts in the first week gave me a good sweat, mostly because of the planks (that are quite hard when you're 200lbs) but when i did Lower Body for the final time in week 3 I didn't sweat nearly as much as the first time even tho i tried to up the intensity. I try to not modify anything and go for intermediate (a.k.a follow Chalene). Sweat however, that's one workout that totally deserve its name; it's also my favorite. There's some really graceful movements in there and i like how the movements just flows togather (Warrior Three-High Lounge-Low Lounge for example).

I'm looking forward to resume it this week yet also dreading the 'Drench' workout xD
    Overall, i like PiYo altho i'm not sure i'll rotate back to it after i finish it; I guess time will tell :)

Just a question tho : You talked about a beginner calendar ? :/ I only have one calendar, no advanced or beginner

Good for you! Sounds like you are having a lot of success! Keep up the hard work!

My legs felt like they were going to collapse during Buns, too! Sweat just about killed me the first time around but I do like that workout. I haven't done drench yet so I'll keep you posted!

I don't know about anyone else but I don't feel like I get a great overall workout with upper/lower body at first. But I also feel like as I get stronger, I'm able to really push myself on the moves and am really sore the following day. I don't feel it so much that day but the day after it kills!

Hope your injury is better and your able to stick with it. I think it's a great strength workout and I think long term there will be great benefits! Keep it up!!
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Omg those slide are a beast. I did it on Sunday with full body blast and omg I can't feel my stomach. I freaking love it! Lol
  • hkell727
    Options
    Omg those slide are a beast. I did it on Sunday with full body blast and omg I can't feel my stomach. I freaking love it! Lol

I don't have the slides. Sounds like they're worth it!
  • Misspinklift
    Options

I don't have the slides. Sounds like they're worth it!

They are!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am back for round 2. Although I haven't completed this 100%. I finished month 1 the middle of September and I lost 7lbs & 12inches.

I felt amazing and I noticed a huge difference in my clothes. I got to week 1 in month 2 and I came down with a horrible cold that put me out for over 3 weeks. After that I fell off the wagon but I'm in week 2 right now with starting the program over and I forgot how much...I missed it lol My wrists and the palm of my hands don't hurt as much as the first time around. I am not looking forward to the Drench video again that one is tough. I think it's because it's so long and there is a countdown clock, which makes it longer for me.

I will finish this time and I can't wait to see how much I loose again and plus some after month 2 :)
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a good Turbo Jam/Piyo Hybrid calendar. Does anyone know of one? I see Turbo Fire and 21 day fix hybrids with Piyo but not Turbo Jam. Love that old school Turbo Jam!!
  • hkell727
    Options
    KMJ1686 wrote: »
    I am back for round 2. Although I haven't completed this 100%. I finished month 1 the middle of September and I lost 7lbs & 12inches.

I felt amazing and I noticed a huge difference in my clothes. I got to week 1 in month 2 and I came down with a horrible cold that put me out for over 3 weeks. After that I fell off the wagon but I'm in week 2 right now with starting the program over and I forgot how much...I missed it lol My wrists and the palm of my hands don't hurt as much as the first time around. I am not looking forward to the Drench video again that one is tough. I think it's because it's so long and there is a countdown clock, which makes it longer for me.

I will finish this time and I can't wait to see how much I loose again and plus some after month 2 :)

Good for you! Being sick always sets me back and it's so hard to get back to it! I agree with you, I really am noticing the difference in how my clothes are fitting. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I lost 2 lbs but I'm going to wait a few days and make sure those stick ;) Have to say haven't hit the Drench video yet - I think my next up is the strength interval video. A little nervous about that one - first time through I always get frustrated because I can't keep up or even keep my balance. As I continue through the videos though I am noticing improvement and feel like I get an EVEN better workout as I go!

Glad you're back at it and can't wait to hear about your results!!
  • hkell727
    Options
    I've been looking for a good Turbo Jam/Piyo Hybrid calendar. Does anyone know of one? I see Turbo Fire and 21 day fix hybrids with Piyo but not Turbo Jam. Love that old school Turbo Jam!!

Sorry...never done turbo jam
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I done turbo jam but not sure you will be able to find a hybrid with Piyo. It is first exercise video set that chalene did its beachbody. All I can recommend is make your own
  • hkell727
    Options
    I did the strength intervals today for the first time. I work out first thing in the morning so my time is pretty limited - I wish there was a note somewhere recommending tennis shoes for this one. Didn't have time to hunt down my shoes so did it barefoot - didn't feel like I got a great workout. Of course I always feel like that with a new video, usually feel like I have to go through it once to see what's going on before I can really focus on the moves and keep up. So my point to this post - I recommend tennis shows for this video :smiley:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    LOVE TURBO JAM!! And I just ordered PiYo over the Thanksgiving holiday... should arrive next Monday. Excited to get started!

@hkell727 - Good to know about the shoes. Thx for the tip.
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo! I am almost done and will definitely ramp up to the next level. I am finding muscle I thought was lost and am so much stronger now. I'm down 10 pounds since I started PiYo. My stamina has really increased too
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    allysar wrote: »
    I love PiYo! I am almost done and will definitely ramp up to the next level. I am finding muscle I thought was lost and am so much stronger now. I'm down 10 pounds since I started PiYo. My stamina has really increased too

I'm almost done with advance level. I live Piyo. Whatever exercise I decide to do, this will always be included with it. I notice how more flexible I am. Before, it was none existence. I could t even reach my Shin. Lol
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    I did the strength intervals today for the first time. I work out first thing in the morning so my time is pretty limited - I wish there was a note somewhere recommending tennis shoes for this one. Didn't have time to hunt down my shoes so did it barefoot - didn't feel like I got a great workout. Of course I always feel like that with a new video, usually feel like I have to go through it once to see what's going on before I can really focus on the moves and keep up. So my point to this post - I recommend tennis shows for this video :smiley:

My method is, if it sounds fancy or hard, then more likely you need shoes. Intervals, core,buns, and strong legs needs shoes. As far as I know. Oh and barcore on the floor as well.