I am quitting using supplements

Options
First: they don't work except for giving me power to workout, which I should be able to do myself

Second: they make me agitated, depressed, angry and over-emotional, plus trigger my mania and I cannot stop shopping

Yesterday was the last time I took them. Instead I went and bought some antioxidant pills which should keep my system clean. At least it is a healthy pill.

I can't believe I just wasted 300 liras on weight loss pills. You were right, people :( at first they worked, then I couldn't handle the side effects. I am not going to gym for 9 days now. And I have flu :( So I am drinking Tylol Hot and laying in bed. It always does the trick for me.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Never take pills the doctor doesn't tell you to take. If you don't have to take any, be GLAD! :)

Good luck. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You don't need the antioxidant pills either:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Yep, you don't need them. I hope you feel better soon.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yep weight loss products are all gimmicks
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Good. NOW GET BACK ON YOUR THYROID MEDS.

You don't need the "antioxidant pills" either. Your system will stay clean all by itself.

I just cannot fathom that you refuse to take your thyroid meds because you don't believe in them but you'll happily buy all these stupid, potentially dangerous, gimmicky supplements.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

You don't need the "antioxidant pills" either. Your system will stay clean all by itself.

I just cannot fathom that you refuse to take your thyroid meds because you don't believe in them but you'll happily buy all these stupid, potentially dangerous, gimmicky supplements.

I believe that I needed thyroid meds because of side affect of another pills that I am taking for my bipolar mood disorder. But I stopped taking them also and found other ways to exist. So now I think I am fine without them. But I might see the doctor this week to make sure and get a blood test done.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    You don't need the antioxidant pills either:

I bought 2 bottles of burn 60, so I took the opened box back and instead they gave me the antioxidant pills. So I kind of had to buy something from there, so these seemed the most helpful.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I think I toxicate myself a lot by binge eating quite often lately...
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    s
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Yep, you don't need them. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Never take pills the doctor doesn't tell you to take. If you don't have to take any, be GLAD! :)

Good luck. :)

Thanks. I don't really trust the doctors neither anymore.
  • Kalikel
    Options

I believe that I needed thyroid meds because of side affect of another pills that I am taking for my bipolar mood disorder. But I stopped taking them also and found other ways to exist. So now I think I am fine without them. But I might see the doctor this week to make sure and get a blood test done.
    I cannot help but feel that you might be looking at this stuff a little bit backwards - taking supplements, but not prescriptions.

I strongly suggest following the doctor's instructions. TAKE the pills he tells you to take. Do not take anything else.

When we do what the doctors tell us to do, we often get (and feel!) better.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Binge eating isn't going to cause you to build up toxins. If that was the case you would be in the hospital hooked up to machines. As a prior binge eater I should have died many times over if binge eating caused toxin build up.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

Binge eating isn't going to cause you to build up toxins. If that was the case you would be in the hospital hooked up to machines. As a prior binge eater I should have died many times over if binge eating caused toxin build up.

But what about unhealthy stuff? Chips and peanut butter and all? They have so many harmful ingredients
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options

But what about unhealthy stuff? Chips and peanut butter and all? They have so many harmful ingredients

What ingredients are you referring to? If these foods were harmful... I would've been dead a long time ago.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Wait--do you have hypothyroidism or Hashimoto's?

If so, taking the medication IS NOT OPTIONAL. Uncontrolled hypothyroid can cause psychosis. You absolutely need to be taking thyroid pills if they were prescribed by a doctor. You won't be able to get your mental health issues under control if you are not treating the physical issues caused by your thyroid.

Wow.

It's one tiny pill a day. Just swallow the darn thing.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

No. They really don't.

Guess you better watch out for the dihydrogen monoxide!

Seriously?!
  • Kalikel
    Options

If you want to skip foods that are unhealthy or that you consider unhealthy, do that. But don't take pills that you think will undo the badness. If you're swallowing trans fats, the antioxidant pills won't undo it.

Please take the pills you're supposed to take and skip the rest of them. I get that one more post will be badgering you, so I won't pipe up again, but do this the smart way - follow the doctor's instructions.

Better smart than sorry! :)
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

If you want to skip foods that are unhealthy or that you consider unhealthy, do that. But don't take pills that you think will undo the badness. If you're swallowing trans fats, the antioxidant pills won't undo it.

Please take the pills you're supposed to take and skip the rest of them. I get that one more post will be badgering you, so I won't pipe up again, but do this the smart way - follow the doctor's instructions.

Better smart than sorry! :)

Ok I will try to skip unhealthy stuff... And see my doctor
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    Options

No. They really don't.

Guess you better watch out for the dihydrogen monoxide!

Seriously?!

Of course they do, they have additives they are not plain food