Probiotic

Options
2»

Replies

• brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I had tried a few with minimal effects, but funny enough a childrens version is what did it for me. After 3 or 4 days I had a totally different digestive system. They needed refrigeration so I wanted to try another, and this new one doesnt work nearly as well. I will be switching back to the children's chewable soon!
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have the Green Vibrance daily greens which comes with 25 billion probiotics and my Garden of Life Fitbiotic 50 bill. I love them both, noticed my digestion has improved even more and other good benefits. Plus my immune system feels stronger, havent been sick. so yeah :)
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I took one for several months but didn't notice any difference so I stopped. I've never had any gut problems and eat a lot of prebiotic foods so I guess I didn't need it.

You could absolutely be right! But I have tried several options, some did nothing! So some strains just dont always work in every body because each body has different gaps (if any at all).
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    have not caught a cold in a very, very long time (immunity is high)
    i take with food, since i always forget to take it on empty stomach (but supposed to be empty)

@catscats222 I just read recently 80% of our immunity comes from the gut and your experience with probiotics seems to support that probiotics can make our immunity higher.

We know with a weak immune system inflammation levels can go higher and wreck the balance of our many hormones.

Good gut health I am learning is a requirement to have good health so my weight loss is more possible.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    @Heydew about a month ago I started on PRO-15 by hyperbiotics which is 15 billion CFU. I also got the 5 billion count to use as maintenance going forward. At the time this brand sounded OK when I was researching the subject so I went it. Not sure if brands are a big issue. I did have some gas issues for a couple weeks so hopeful the good warriors whipped the butts of the evil warriors.

If we have the bad guys in control of the gut and leaky gut syndrome starts leading to brain inflammation that messes up our hormones that makes losing weight next to impossible then probiotics may help with weight loss. I do not have the reference for that run on sentence at hand but it was one reason I started probiotics.
    Hahahaha what?!? No.

foodallergyandglutenfreeweightloss.com/inflammation.html

@elphie754 like you at first I disbelieved that the statement was true as you do about leaky gut leading to inflammation that messes with our hormones making weight loss more difficult. The link above mentions some things we can do to better enable our brains to help us lose weight along with counting calories which is also a factor. If our brains are working against weight loss then that is not a good thing for sure.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »
    I took one for several months but didn't notice any difference so I stopped. I've never had any gut problems and eat a lot of prebiotic foods so I guess I didn't need it.

You could absolutely be right! But I have tried several options, some did nothing! So some strains just dont always work in every body because each body has different gaps (if any at all).

Since I have no gut problems, I'm not sure how I'd know if a probiotic was "working" or not. I mean, if there is nothing to fix how would I know if it's working?